Sign in to follow this  
turner112

Rating Downloads

Guest Buffman_1

Might be helpful if there was a rating system attached to each download. Say from 1 being the worst and 10 being the best. Without a whole lot of information on some of the downloads, it would help prospective users to see what other users thought of the download.I have seen it on other sights and I have always found it helpful.Just an idea.Thanks:P

We've thought about this in the past but the idea never went that far. The next best way to tell if a file is popular or not is to judge by the amount of downloads the file has recieved. That really is proof of the pudding.Regards, Rick RossnerSr. Library ManagerAVSIM Onlinewww.avsim.comrick@avsim.com

Hi Rick, I just did a search in here for "rating" as I was expecting to find something!Well, what I'll say is this: ratings are important. While the number of downloads may be partly indicitave of the quality of a download, it simply isn't a rating - and doesn't help much for newly posted files.Please reconsider a rating system.Cheers,Andrew

We have reconsidered a rating system on numerous occasions. Each time we have decided that a rating system would be more harmful than not. Why? Because the rating system has the GREAT potential for being distorted by "ballot stuffing" - pro and con. We have seen that in so many cases, including the user rating system here in the forums, that we will not implement it here.