Sign in to follow this  
lmponte

Asus Radeon 9800XT fan replacement

Hi everyone!I have an Asus Radeon 9800XT graphics board, and it came with two very effective little fans for cooling. But recently one of those fans started doing some strange noise. I already cleaned itm and made sure the noise wasn't due to some dust on the fan.The fan seems to be working normally, but the strange noise is very distractive and unpleasant.I am looking for a replacement fan for the Asus card. I'd like it to be a 1-slot solution, like the stock one, and easy to install (as I have never replaced a fan on a graphics board or CPU).Do you guys have any idea? I already had a look at the Artic cooling fans, but it seems to me they all take up two slots.Thanks in advance!Kind regards,Lu

Guest wayupthere

You could go with a Zalman cooler, thats a one slot solution. Keeping in mind the Artic cools better, but if you dont overclock your XT a Zalman should suffice

Could you please provide a link for the product you are referring to?I tried googling for Zalman, and got to their page, but I only see two-slot solutions...Anyway... If it REALLY necessary to use two slots, then do you think it will be easy to install??Thanks in advance ;)

See this link for most all video card coolers: http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/ind...ndex&filter_id= . Zalman can be selected from the menu box.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest wayupthere

Oops hehe ya forgot, here's the zalman page http://www.zalman.co.kr/ just check under the menu for graphics cards there you can see the family, i have the Fatal1ty on my 6800xxx and its a TWO slot sollution. (made a mistake in 1st post) sorry was early morning reply ;). Installing is as easy as you make it for yourself.. Just keep in mind, that too much pressure when tighting the screws can ruin the core (same as on a CPU). Just read the manual and do what its says, you should be fine.Go for style = ZalmanGo for cooling performance (with overclock) = Artic

thank you for your help! I may end up purchasing an artic in the end...after all they are both two-slot...Thanks!