Sign in to follow this  

Creating Videos in MS2002

Okay, this has probably already been dealt with but I could not find it on these boards. Please forgive the question and ignorance but for the life of me...I cannot create a video of my flights in this simulation.I have gone through the help files in the program and every time I get the program to record a flight I'm taking...it only seems to record 1 second of time. I'm doing something wrong and I don't know what it is. :-(Can anyone please explain to me how I create videos of my flights in this flight simulation? Thanks.

Hi,Did you check allready the "other" site (www.flightsim.com)? I think you can find an article on the main page.hm

>Hi, >>Did you check allready the "other" site (www.flightsim.com)? >I think you can find an article on the main page. >>hm I just took a look at the article you were referring too. It is geared towards utilizing software available that allows one to edit or add onto "video tracks" made by your flight simulation of choice. My question was really "how to use the "record video" options in MS2002 itself and not a third party softare package.Thanks anyway...I'll keep looking. I must be missing something simple. ;-)

Hi,I have experienced the exact same problem you are describing. I have fooled around with it for a while, and I have a few tips, but not a real solution. I hope it's helpful for you:- First of all, it seems like the problem only concerns the playback. The recording itself is fine.- When you have made a recording, the file will be saved in your /flights/myflts directory with a .FSR extension.- To get the file to play back properly, I have found a few things that can help:1) Restart FS2002, and go directly to playback the video2) Save your flight immideately before starting the recording, and then recall that flight before playing the video3) Change to one of the default MS aircrafts, then change back to the one you want before playback.Using a combination of the above, I have been able to get the video to play back properly. Once it's past the first second, it will complete normally. It must be a bug in FS2002.Happy flying,