Sign in to follow this  
spotlope

Engine Start up and revs...

Why is it when engines are started in FS2002 (and as far back as I can remember in FS)- the engine revs up once it fires then comes back down to idle? (and yes- I have throttles at idle upon startup...)I mean we're not starting a motorcycle here right? It seems to happen in ALL JETS, most piston/turboprop aircraft. The ONLY add on a/c I have seen that doesn't is the PSS A319/320/321. Perhaps more out there but I only have a few add on a/c.Is there a fix for this maybe in the air file or something?Thanks in advance

I can't answer that, but it's always bugged me too. Also, why is it that in most prop planes the engine startup seems to have been recorded directly from a lawn mower? The sound model for a default turbo prop is more like that of a radio-controlled model airplane. Geez, you'd think they could get a little more rumble out of those puppies! Don't even get me started on the default engine sounds in CFS3...

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Guest RichardL

I might have an answer.Click engine 1 start switch, which is in the upper right corner, to START; I guess that area is the overhead. Wait a few seconds for the engines to spool up or atleast until N2 reaches 20%. Then, turn on engine 1 fuel switch (it's located on the pedestal panel). You will see and hear a nice smooth engine start.If you turn on the fuel switch first, the engines throttle up to around 70% - 80%, then settle down to idle.Here's the catch. How do you click and hold the start switch and then click on the fuel switch. I have real switches connected to a keyboard encoder that control the engine START switches. When the engines are at 20%, I use the mouse to turn on the fuel. Richard

hi,i have the answer of your problem,you must change the Turbine Time Constant 1505,or sent me your airfile of your plane:-jumpy

Thanks, Im going to try that..

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10