Sign in to follow this  

question about reflections...what exactly do you mean?

I have a GEForce Ti4600 video card that works very well with FS2K2. Still, I sometimes see posts here regarding the absence of "reflections" with Nvidia cards. What exactly do you folks mean by "reflections". I get water textures that seem to reflect the basic color of the sky and the sun but certainly no reflections of trees along the shore, clouds, or my plane flying over. The only time I recall true water reflections was in FS2000 with the payware Tahiti addon (Lagos or Wilco?). Am I missing something good???David

It doesn't sound like you are missing out on much. I think what others refer to when they do not see the reflections is the water reflections, the paint on the aircraft reflecting (like after you polish chrome or your car paint), and anything else that has an alpha channel that is supposed to reflect. If you are seeing the reflections and your options are turned on in flight sim, you shouldn't have a problem. It sounds like you are able to see what you are supposed to. Correct me if I am wrong....

Guest oyvindhansen

Always nice when someone who owns the best hardware reports to have no problems ;-). There is a problem with the GeForce 4 MX not showing any reflections on aircraft or water, but it can be fixed by a simple edit of the display.cfg file that I dont' remember in detail.- Oyvind

Guess I'm OK then! I hesitated to ask, though - sometimes it's best not to know when you are missing out on something! Thanks David