Sign in to follow this  
TRauppius

Widescreen LCD + FS2004 = Suprisingly Good Results

Jack,I agree with Ray, you won't get very far without installing the Gateway .INF file somehow. I looked at the Gateway EzTune utility description at the Gateway website and it appears to consolidate the basic installation bits (like the .INF file) with an User Friendly graphic interface for tuning the display. All of the EzTune functionality will be matched by, and exceeded by, the ATI Catalyst control panel applet the is installed with/by your video card.If you don't want the EzTune overhead/burden, why not try installing the EzTune, then the latest Catalyst driver/applet (to find and use the .INF installed by EzTune), run FS2004 and configure the settings / hardware as discussed in earlier messages, exit and save, AND THEN uninstall EzTune. The .INF should remain in the Windows directory, and besides, the information will already have been exploited by ATI Catalyst and FS2004 to setup and configure as decribed in prior messages.Todd

Guest gremel

Thanks again guys. I just got back home and I'll have to copy your messages and initiate your advise.Regards again,jack

Guest gremel

>Jack,>>Does the CD have a sub-folder named drivers? If so have a look>in there for an INF file. These are recognised by Windows as>information files that tell the system the specification of>the monitor.>>You certainly don't ned to install 45Mg of data for the system>to know about your monitor. It's a bit difficult to help via>email but try this.>>Right-click on My Computer and choose Manage. Then select>Device Manager and open the Monitors section. You will see one>or two 'Default Monitor' entries but you should also see an>entry for the Gateway monitor. If you have that then>everything is configured okay.>>If you only see 'Plug and play monitor' then Windows is seeing>your display as a generic one and won't be able to take full>advantage of the various 16:10 display formats.>>Hope that helps. Time for bed on this side of the pond but>I'll read any replies tomorrow at work.>>Cheers,Ray,The only thing I have under Monitors is: 'Plug & Play' period.No other defaults or anything. I wonder How I could get the .inf file without downloading all 45 megs of ez-tune that almost brings my system to a halt.And if I succeed in finding the .inf file, where would I put it?Regards & thanks for everybody's help.jack

Hi Jack,Much as I suspected you have a generic monitor. You need to find the INF file on that CD before you can follow the instructions below. Search for *.INF from the root CD folder and see how many there are. If you only get one then follow on. If you get more than one a check on the filename may suggest which one to use based on your monitor model number.Here are some quick and dirty instructions on how to install the Gateway driver for your monitor...1. Right-click Desktop and select Properties.2. Choose Settings tab and highlight the relevant monitor by clicking it.3. Choose Advanced.4. Choose the Monitor tab then choose Properties.5. Choose the Driver tab.6. Choose Update Driver...7. Choose 'No, not this time' and choose Next8. Choose 'Install from a list or specific location'.9. Choose 'Don't search. I will choose the driver to install'. Deselect any other options on that page. Choose Next10. On this screen you will probably have 'Plug and Play Monitor' displayed and nothing else. Highlight it and choose 'Have Disk...'11. Click the browse button, navigate to the folder on the CD containing the INF file and select it. press OK.12. Your monitor should now be displayed with its correct name.13. Click Next, Finish and Close.That's it!

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest gremel

Ray,Thanks for hanging in their with me. I'll try your suggestions/recommendations and let you know after I get home tonight.Regards again,jack

Jack,It's been a while now so I was just wondering how you got on.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather