Sign in to follow this  
Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

VIA Chipset Problem... ATTN ALL GURUS

Guest byoung

George,I just purchased a mobo w/ Intel 845 chipset. I'll also be switching processors to the Pentium 4 2.5 GHZ. According to CH Products the 845 chipset is the one they use on their show computers and have had no problems. It has performed solid as a rock.I've always liked Intel, but this time tried to be too cheap. Better to save up the extra money and buy the best.I am selling my mobo w/ processor to my cousin who has a business. It will work fine there..Take care!Barry

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Tell me know how it will work out please...I have that exact chipset !!! (Intel 845PE)!!!!CheersGeorge DorkofikisAthens, Greece

>Just to share my experiences with this issue: >I have a dual boot system, Win98SE and WinXP Pro. I have >both the USB Yoke Lite and Pro Pedals installed. Both are >connected via an external USB 4-ports hub. When in Win98SE >all works fine, it does not matter in which USB-port I >plugin the CHProducts devices. I can use any combination of >hub-port and/or onboard-port. However, running WinXP Pro is >quite another story. It does not matter which port I use for >the yoke as long as the pedals are in any of the onboard >ports. I can not use the pedals via my (externally powered) >USB-hub. When I plug them in the hub, the yoke stops >responding. When I disconnect/connect the yoke, the pedals >stop working... Strange! Well, at least I do have a working >combination. >My motherboard is a Chaintech 7NJS, so based on the VIA >nForce2 chipset. This one has it's own drivers, it does not >use the 4-in-1 drivers. >>Hakkie Hi HakkieAs I said somewhere above, I have a VIA MoBo with AMD processor, the latest VIA drivers and everything works fine (yoke, throttle and pedas, all USB)since the first time I connected the controls.I think that CH says that his products doesn't like USB hubs.Regards :-)C.M.G.

Guest byoung

George,Which motherboard do you have?I would call CH Products Tech Support right now and speak to Micheal or Nathan. Barry

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

I have the Gigabyte P4 Titan 667 (GA8PE667) with the Intel 845PE chipset.And I'm NOT going to spend another cent for new hardware...The problem is the drivers, I confirmed it, I even reinstalled Win98SE to do that... And that's final for me...If they don't fix it, I won't buy CH anymore.George DorkofikisAthens, Greece