Sign in to follow this  

Hello,I have this weird problem with FS2004. Most of the time I have huge impact on fps (average 5 even with default scenery + aircraft).Also whenever FS startup my Harddrive is rattling for ages like it is copying files. Flying is nearly impossible. On the other hand sometimes after a reboot I have no problems at all. Please note that last year I never encountered these issues and I had the same hardware setup.Machine is Shuttle SB83G5 (intel 915g express)Pentium 4 530 processor (3.0ghz)2* + 500 MB DDR RAM (total over 1GB)X700 Video card (not the best but was good enough)I tried reinstalling, reconfiguring, etc .... also I'm using the performance clouds but they didn't change a thing in fps. Hope somebody could point me out in the right direction to solve this issue.Kind Regards,Johan

Guest wayupthere

Johan,What type of hardrive do you have? 5400rpm or 7200rpm. Also have you run defrag and run an adware/spyware scan. Also is your page file on the same drive as fs (if you have more than one drive).ps. is your drive making any "ticking" sounds.. not rattle sounds

Hi,My HD is Maxtor 7400rmp (SATA), no ticking just rattling sound, i have OO degfrag installed and use the file option, I defrag my HD appro every 2 weeks.I have only one HD, and windows XP is set to handle the page file, used to be fixed to be 1 1/2 size of memory, but I did't see an improvement.I only have this problem with FS2004, other games like MOH or working wih large Image files doesn't slow down this system. I heard about a texture folder which could be empty but all folders have textures according to Flusifix, only the addon scenery texture folder doesn't contain any BGL files. As far as I can remember this all started with GAP3 dusseldorf airport addon, but even after reinstalling FS and a format this still occurs.I've also tested the HD with the tool provided by maxtor and no HD issues appeared.I hope you can give me a solution.

Guest wayupthere

Strange, have you turned off the OO background running application?

Hello,"FS startup my Harddrive is rattling for ages like it is copying files"try :http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/Filemon.htmlit will trace the file accesses(use the filter option on FS9), when accuring save the filemon and open it afterwards in the product , it can help to find what is going on.Hope it helps

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

Ok, will try that this weekend, let you know if anything pops up.OO defrag has been removed so it's not running in the background.Now I also should inform you that I cannot reproduce this behaviour.Last weekend started the sim at KBOS with AI enabled 100% after 5 seconds stuttering started and could't perform a decent takeoff.Now 10 minutes later after restart exact same flight frames were decent and no stutters, no reboot done, only restart FS.regards,Johan

>Hello,>"FS startup my Harddrive is rattling for ages like it is>copying files">>try :http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/Filemon.html>>it will trace the file accesses(use the filter option on FS9),>when accuring save the filemon and open it afterwards in the>product , it can help to find what is going on.>Hope it helpsHi Emile,Performed the Filemon.exe with FS9 indeed you receive alot of information, is it possible that I send you the log file since I simply get any wiser (Or tel me what to look for)Regards,Johan