Sign in to follow this  

Holy Crap...ROFLMAO

I just got my USB CH Pro Pedals hooked up. Bless my wife, she heard me when I said what I wanted for Christmas.The problem now? I have to learn how to actually fly all these neat planes I have on my computer. :-lol What a difference these things make. Shut off that auto-rudder and the sim takes on a whole new life. I won't go into how many planes I have lost since starting. :-lolhttp://www3.telus.net/dport1/Radar_small.gifRC3 - Just gotta' have it!http://www3.telus.net/dport1/Radar_small.gifhttp://www3.telus.net/dport1/dansig.jpg

Im sure you are going to enjoy that pair, I sure do.

If you have the Siai Marchetti SF260, try some spins (be sure to lower the fuel to no more than 20% in the wing tanks) Slightly less spectacular, but more useful, is using cross controls in the SF260 to "slip", rapidly losing altitude. RealAir has a freeware version of the Cessna 182 that does this quite well, also.After you master spins, slips, and crosswind landings, and think you are getting to be really good, try flying one of the helicopters!Dale

Guest Stratus_Fractus

I love mine, can't imagine what I'd do without it. Good luck on mastering your flying. ;-)

Glad you mentioned that Cessna ... it's one of the little known secrets out there. When I bought the Marchetti I downloaded that baby first ... took her around the mountains in the South Island of NZ .... and man, I could have been there. Beautiful flight model. It's not far behind their payware lady ... OK, it doesn't spin, but neither does the average pilot!As for the pedals ... couldn't do without them. With that new panel for the REGA heli and all that revised Swiss scenery by Daniel Gautier, I've spent the last five nights exploring the Swiss Alps yet again. But without pedals? No way, Jose ....Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo2.jpg

Hehe.Hi Dan,My biggest problem with getting rudder pedals was I used to dial in some rudder, then forget it. Then wonder why I was crabbing all over the place!I cured it by putting my whole foot on the pedal during taxi and t/o, then just use my toes while in flight. It certainly is nice to have those toe brakes for tight turns during taxi though, and with helicopters, it's pure heaven.CF-AOAKyle

Guest byoung

Kyle,Our problem is related to the CH Drivers on selected Non Intel based chipsets on various motherboards. That is why we crab and careen...Now with a workaround or temporary fix, it is much better...Barry

I might also add that I'm constantly recalibrating them every time I start FS using the joystick function in FSUIPC. They're always off to the left side upon startup and only travel so far in one direction, and 10 miles in the other. Once they're recalibrated, they're fine until I restart FS. They're fine in every other program though, ie CFS2 etc. Seems the centre is off somehow.Kind of annoying, but the end result is satisfactory.CF-AOA