Sign in to follow this  
Guest PaulL01

AMD XP2300 vs XP3000 FS2k2 benchmarks comming soon..

Guest PaulL01

Well as long as the CPU arrives as scheduled tomorrow I will do some comparisons of the new thoroughbred running at stock 2.13 GHz(XP2600) as well as 2.3-4 GHz speeds (on air) as this has been touted as a very decent and cool overclocker.Also will test 266 and 333 FSB. The new prices told me it was time to grab one, well that and the new CS727 :-lol, though it will be my last cpu upgrade for some time as that cpu will max out the old Epox MB.Anyone else running the new T-bred in a KT333 board?

Guest panzerschiffe

I have KT333 based board (Abit KX7-333R) but apparently there are some BIOS issues with using the new T-bred processors. I'm considering my AXP from www.newegg.com pretty soon but I don't want to have to buy a new motherboard as well. I'll have to do a little more research on it. Epox motherboards do seem to handle the new T-breds well though with the latest BIOS. I'm probably just gonna say screw it and buy one of the Epox Nforce-2 based motherboards with a 2600 processor.

Guest JonP01

Paul,As always I look forward to your comparisons. Incidentally, I just bought a Tbred 2400 +, as I wanted to get the maximum out of my SiS 745 chip board that I could get. They are a lovely CPU, and as I was expecting, the temps and thermal dissipation are exactly the same as a Palomino 2000 +. The great thing about the 2400 + speeds and upwards is that they really hit a sweet spot with FS2002, meaning you can chuck almost anything at them and they barely cough.

Guest PaulL01

Well...With some effort I was able to coax the 8k3a into excepting the XP2600-333fsb with it now running stable @ 173-fsb x 12.5 =2.16Ghz Memory @ 346MHz @ CL2. As far as running @ 2.4Ghz I'm afraid it will have to wait for some better memory. :(Still, this runs FS2k2 with CS727, 30m mesh ,FS-Genesis National LandClass as well as PAI fairly decent! :)

Guest JonP01

I think that is where the faster CPUs show their true colours - high resolution mesh. I remember with my last machine, a 933Mhz PIII, that it just fell apart with any sort of detailed mesh add-on. I guess I could have lowered the frame rate limiter, but I tend to prefer fast frame rates vsynced to monitor refresh. No problems at all with the Tbred "B".Nice Epox board too. Some people seem to knock Epox but apart from one faulty board passing through my hands, I've never had a problem with them. My current, second machine now has an Epox 8KTA3L+ board. It was the only board I could buy in Oz that let me re-use my old Mushkin PC133 RAM with an Athlon Palomino.

Guest PaulL01

>I think that is where the faster CPUs show their true >colours - high resolution mesh. For sure, for Fs2k2 I think the sweet spot should be somewhere around 3GHz(AMD) or 3.6GHz(Intel) Getting Close!>Nice Epox board too. Some people seem to knock Epox but >apart from one faulty board passing through my hands, I've >never had a problem with them. My current, second machine >now has an Epox 8KTA3L+ board. It was the only board I could >buy in Oz that let me re-use my old Mushkin PC133 RAM with >an Athlon Palomino. True, I think the real problem is VIA chips (suck), If was to buy a new board today for an XP cpu it would be an NforceII board, but with Hammer looming, I won't be doing anymore upgrades except for faster memory as in XMS3200CL2 so I can hit 200FSB and 2.4GHz but then of course the GFFX, then I will wait a good while for Hammer, a new OS and a new FS2k4! :)Take care John.