Sign in to follow this  

No vertical speed indicator in panel?

I downloaded the file lp727v20.zip today. Everything seems to work dandy, except there is no VSI, just an empty spot where it should be?I am on FS2k2 standard edition.Thanks for any suggestions, and go easy I'm new at this...

Guest guyjr

Not sure which file that is, but try looking for some files within the package you have with a ".gau" extension. Put those files in your FS2002Gauges directory. One of them is likely the missing VSI gauge that's not appearing.Just as a side note, based on the filename of the package you have, I'm assuming you're looking for a good 727 panel. Try looking here for rp727pn3.zip. It's an incredibly realistic panel! :)

I tried re-extracting the all of the files and overwriting what had already been done, and that did not help. I will try the 727 panel you suggested and see if I have better luck. Thank you.

Guest John_Hirsch

This panel, actually, uses the default kingair.gau file for the VSI. Check to see that that file is in your gauge folder. If it isn't, you'll have to retrieve it from your MSFS2002 CD.

So, since I have the standard version, not the professional version, I don't have that file, correct? I searched for it, and no go.At the risk of being unlawful, is there any way to get a copy of that particular file?

Guest John_Hirsch

Not wanting to do something unlawful, may I suggest that you open the panel.cfg file with your text editor and replace the kingair VSI gauge with something else. Why not use: 737-400!Vertical Speed. That should work and probably without any further adjustments.

Hello again,I edited the panel.cfg as John suggested, and it worked great! Thank you very much for the help.I also tried the other panel as Guy suggested, and it too is a great piece of work.Thanks again for your help, I really appreciate it!