Sign in to follow this  
Krister

CH Yoke Question

I just received my CH USB Yoke. :-jumpy With WinXP, everything seems to be functioning ok automatically. I have a couple of questions, that I could not find in the archives, or the non-existent CH documentation (while CH may have made a nice yoke, they certainly didn't outdo themselves on documentation) :-zhelpI'd appreciate knowing how those of you with the USB yoke may have changed assignments. Right now I can find no assignments for buttons 5&6 to left of flaps, I have pedals for brakes (button #1, which doesn't seem to be functioning.....because of pedals?) and don't use the kneeboard (button #2) that frequently. Is there any way to change assignments, for example, to include pulling up ATC menu, cycling down menu and responding to ATC?Also, is it ok to leave my Sidewinder FF (not USB) joystick plugged in at the same time? I checked and both will control throttle, for example, simultaneously. But just wondering if there is any harm leaving them both connected and just switching between the two easily if changing from the C-177 to sf.260, for example.Thanks in advance for any help. Steve J. KHEF

Guest Dean

You can change your button assignments for your joystick or yoke under settingscontrolassignments page in FS2K2.

Guest RonB49

Hi Steve,Go to Options > Controls > Assignments and you'll find most everything that you need there. It's kind of a pain to use this page because the actions are in alphabetical order but you'll get find 'em.There are some more arcane commands that aren't in the list and your question about switch 5/6 give me a chance to illustrate. When I set up my yoke, I assigned switch 5 to "Landing Gear Up/Down." Later, I found out that I could use Notepad to edit FS2002.cfg, find the Joystick section and enter the commands Gear_up for switch 5 and Gear_down for switch 6. There are others, you can assign engine one's throttle to the yoke throttle axis and engine two's throttle to the mixture axis for a twin-engine jet for example. I don't know all of them, nor do I know of a comprehesive list.Regarding the questionof a yoke and joystick both connected, I've heard that it should work, but most who try it seem to have trouble. I haven't tried it myself. R-

Guest gasebah

Or even better use FSUIPC for key assignment. There are a lot more assignments possible (including ATC and keystrokes) that are not covered by the FS2002 assignment section.Alex

Thanks for the replies. I've been to the assignments page (was only way I could figure out what a couple of the buttons were doing). I didn't see an obvious way to hook up atc responses, but will check again, along with fsuipc. Steve J.

Regarding the yoke/joystick question. While I'm using an USB joystick (saitek x-45) with my USB yoke you shouldn't have any problems with a game port joy stick. In the settingscontrolassignments page you can make indivual settings for each controllers, and there disengage e.g. ailerons and rudder for the joystick. It still kinda works with both connected and controlling the same axis but you might be in for a few surprises :)What I'd like to see is the ability to create different assignments maps for different airplanes which are automatically loaded with a certain airplane./Krister

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------