Sign in to follow this  
Guest BAW083

"How to ask wife ???"

W2DR that's at least honest.Honesty is the MOST important ingredient of a relationship.I just tell my wife that I'm going to buy a new part for my computer that makes the games play much better.The answer that I most likely get is something like: Why would I want to know?And she knows that after I installed the new VC I'll drag her to the computer to show of those wonderful graphics.

Simple..."break" the one you have now by installing the wrong drivers.

Well, give yourselves ALL a pat on the back.I thought the best way was to show her all your answers here, & she was laughing so much, she had to sit down. Between her tears of laughter she said "after reading that advice & making me laugh so much, go & get one".So, "THANK YOU ALL", I`ll be back for advice when I want to upgrade again he! he!I downloaded the new Catalyst 3a drivers & Control Panel from www.guru2d.com first. Discard the 9700 Pro disk that comes with the card.I re-formatted my hard-drive (better than trying to uninstall old drivers). FS2002 now runs with all sliders maxed, including AI aircraft. Colours are better, fps set at 30.Flying through clouds are tremendous.It`s like having a new FS.It was definitely worth it.The only con is the price !!! I think it`s too expensive, but !!!!RobAthlon XP2100+Jetway V333DA2x512 PC2700 (333DDR)Hercules 3D Prophet 9700Pro with Catalyst 3a Driver & Control PanelWinXP Pro + SP1DirectX 9

Guest Milio_B

Well, although I don't have a wife (YET!) I do know that feeling of being looked as if you were a weirdo when you spend a huge amount of money on a hobby.Tha reminds me, NEVER tell a girl if you've spent 60 dollars on 3 Absorbs to complete your white/blue Magic deck :-lolAnyways...Until I got my credit card I had to ask my parents for more RAM, a new video card, etc. So what I did was to say either: Hey! This can really help for my futur, MAYBE I'll become a pilot!Or if that didn't work (most of the times) I tried to make her feel bad for spending so much money on plants/make up/bath salts/body oils, you name it :-hahMaybe that can work with your wife!! Just find what her obsessions are :(

I start whining about 3 months before I want to buy. Makes her feel sorry for me. My frame rates are too low.Man that P4 would sure help. Oh and that GF4 card, WOW that would also do it. A second monitor, well dear that would be nice. You get the idea.JimCYWG

Guest BAW083

Whats the worst that can happen?I had to pull every string I could in order to persuade my dad to shell out just that little bit more for this system.Was disappointed at first (came with ATi Catalyst 2.4 and DirectX 8.1a) but now under Catalyst 3.0 and DirectX 9 its awesome.

Hey! You have just as much right to that bank Account as she does!Well here in california you do............................ :-kewlDon't let me down man!"Use the power luke!"Wait , oh your name's robbie? oh well just chant this to yourself as you enter the KINGDOM of the ELECTRONIC'S STORE""I DESERVE IT""I DESERVE IT""I DESERVE IT"Then when you get home do what i do,"Oh The Bag that say's BestBuy on it" :-hmmm"Oh ahh, Thats just some trash i found in the car" :-eekThen install it when she's gone and bang zing brother! Your in! :-beerchugLOL................... Good luck!!! ;)Ed :-lol