Sign in to follow this  
Guest SlimDady

FS2K2 Will Not Run With New 41.09 Drivers...... Help

I am going to make an observation here about drivers. I have been all over the map with them since getting my GF4 about 4 months ago. I have had no big problems overall and have been really happy with this card and what it can do. I stayed for quite a while with the 29.42 driver set using GTU for tweaking. I then went through a spate of driver changes that has led to the 41.09's which I have been using since they came out a month or two ago.(when I started using them, that is) Prior to that I had tried most every one and saw little or no difference in any one specific area and minor to no frame rate improvements in most games. CFS 3 would not run very well if at all on the 41.09's so I decided to try either new ones or an old set that I knew worked. I was getting annoyed last week by the fact that my terrain was shimmerind a bit more than usual and had not really noticed it. Rivatuner seemed to have no effect. I don't know when and with what driver it changed, but It was bad enough to go back and try to figure it out. To make a long story short, the 30.82's are by far the better drivers coupled with Rivatuner for almost totally removing the swimming/shimmering textures I was seeing. I will stay with them until I get the itch or its required to upgrade I think. If it ain't broke don't fix it! :)Hornit

Guest JonP01

I concur with Drobson's observations that the 42 series drivers are the FIRST Nvidia Geforce 3 / 4 drivers that do NOT distort the red overlay text or ATC text when AF / AA is enabled. In this regard it is a breath of fresh air to finally see clear text for once. I'm not sure about the image quality though, as Nvidia seem to have incorporated some changes to the anisotropic filtering algorythm as well as incorporating some behind-the-scenes LOD adjustments depending on the level of filtering selected. In this case I think they have overdone the LOD adjustments. I actually had to set the LOD to a positive setting, around +.125, instead of -.25 because the default LOD was so overdone.I can only hope the new 42 series drivers can be adjusted to obtain the same IQ as the 30.82 drivers, as the clear red and ATC text is a breakthrough imo. At this stage I'd suggest people stick with the 30.82 series for Geforce 3 and 4 cards, but then at least try the 42 series when they become WHQL certified.

Guest SlimDady

Well try the 42.01 drivers they are leaked drivers that hace official support for dx 9.. the 41.09 do not.you can find them atwww.guru3d.com