Sign in to follow this  
Vulcan

Peter Dowson's FS2002 controls document

After doing a little research by going through Peter Dowson's FS2002 control documents it looks like you can assign the AXIS_SPOILER_SET control name to one of the axis on a stick for incrementing or decrementing the spoilers. I use the Staitek 45x controller which has a separate throttle device and on it has a couple of axis's that are not currently being used. Just wondering if anyone has tried this?

Guest etanin

It works great, I have been using that function for a long time on my flight yoke.

Etanin,I am very interested in assigning my spoiler control to my yoke throttle axis. I have a standalone throttle for throttle control. I have FSUIPC installed, could you give me directions to assign my spoiler control to the throttle on my yoke? Thanks!!

You may want to consider using the other axis for elevator trim.You can assign this via the FS assignments, no need to use the Saitek programming s/ware.Once assigned use FSUIPC to set the sensitivity and null zone, but....Make the assignment before adding the 'LOCKED=1' line in the joystick section of fs2002.cfg.

I already have the elevator trim assigned to an axis. I tried useing the staitek software and it got me into to much trouble. Now I'm trying to figure what the modes could be used for, if anything.Regards,Bill

>I tried useing the staitek software and it got me into to much trouble. but when I first got my X36 a couple of years ago I did program it in all three modes.However this old brain couldn't remember what had been programmed :-lol so now I stick to one mode and all switches assigned through FS, apart from a Roger Wilco PTT button.Reading the docs that come with the latest FSUIPC it does look as if you can program buttons a number of different ways depending on the state of another switch so this may work for both the mode switch and the 'pinky' SHIFT button.Best of luck ;)