Sign in to follow this  
Guest OxKing

Performance improvement after DirectX uptate!

Guest OxKing

Hi.On an German language forum i`ve read about an performance plusafter updating to the latest DirectX 9c october 2006 version.(to download just google for directx_oct2006_redist.exe )It should bring you more FPS and kill the problem of blurry textures.I don`t have the FSX yet, so i can`t verifybut other members of that forum confirmed this effect.I don`t know if its been discussed here:An other topic there is reporting of the factthat the FSX is not bringing modern GPUs to sweat,so the temps are not even near as high as by other modern 3D games.Only the Graphic-RAM is used strongly,and of course the CPU and RAM is.Greetings from Germany,OxKing

I just downloaded the DX9 October update, but have not installed or tested it yet...good to know you had good results with it...RhettAMD 3700+ (@2.5 ghz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (94.47), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest fatboysim

In a very subjective and unscientific experiement, I went from around 16-20 fps to 20-24 fps sitting on the runway at Heathrow. Money for nothing! Every little bit helps!

Hmmm...this sounds too good to be true. I will try it later.

Guest baksteen33

Out of curiousity, did you need to reboot after installing? Cheers Jaap

Hard to say what i got when i installed it. It appears that i got 2-3 more fps but it's so hard to say for sure due to too many other variables. It did not require a reboot btw.

Guest allcott

Even more interesting. If it didn't prompt you for a reboot then none of the core files that launch with Windows were affected by the update as that always tells you you need to reboot the system so the new files can supplant the old which cannot be changed while in use.So whatever gave the increased performance was only being called when FX was launched.The original poster didn't supply system specs, but I wonder whether he uses onboard sound? That might explain it as there have beena few updates to DirectX Sound files in recent months.Allcott

Guest Rake7575

I downloaded from microsoft site (55MB)and saved to my documents...double clicked on setup and I got a box that asked where to extract the files...where do you put the files?THanksRake

>I downloaded from microsoft site (55MB)and saved to my>documents...double clicked on setup and I got a box that asked>where to extract the files...where do you put the files?>>THanks>RakeMake a junk dir (like C:TEMP2)then you'll extract all the files there. Then simply run the setup.exe that you'll see in there. After the install, you can safely delete the C:TEMP2 dir and all its contents.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2.5 ghz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (94.47), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I just did the update, and now ALL my CH controllers (yoke and pedals) are now gone! I can't get them back yet. Will do some reinstalls, and reboots to see what happens.

I did the update and it helped with a lag problem I was having in the FS9 U.I using later Cat.board drivers (6.0 on up). Frames seem slightly better too, probebly from now being able to use the latest driver. I also don't get the bad jaggies flashing from using Adaptive AA anymore.Regards, KendallDell 8400 3.2 GHZ H.T.800 FSB/2MB L22 GB 533 DDR2X800XT 256MB/Catalyst driver - 6.9's6x Adaptive AA/16x HQ A/FIntegrated SoundDual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905CH Yoke/Pedals

Regards, Kendall

Guest allcott

>I just did the update, and now ALL my CH controllers (yoke>and pedals) are now gone! I can't get them back yet. Will do>some reinstalls, and reboots to see what happens.Cold boot should get them back again.Allcott