Sign in to follow this  
Guest Matt Johnson

Can't get to second page in Scan Mode

There seems to be a bug in the file library display code. When viewing a large number of files in Scan Mode, clicking the Next Page button at the bottom of the page flips you back into Normal Mode, viewing the first file! There doesn't seem to be a way to get to the second page.I tried going to the 10th page or so in Normal Mode, and then switching to Scan Mode, but it puts you back at the first file. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong.I'm using WinXP/IE6.0Russ

Guest Matt Johnson

Can you give me an exact method to replicate this? The problem is not outside the realms of possibility, but I can't replicate it here.Thanks,--M

It seems to only happen when you do an Extended Search. For instance:1. Go to the Extended Search screen2. Type "fspainter" (or any other common word) in the Name/Description box3. Click Search4. Results come up in Normal Mode5. Change to Scan Mode6. Click Next Page button at the bottom7. Screen flips back to Normal Mode viewing the first fileI found if you do the search from the Quick Search screen, it works fine.Russ

Guest Matt Johnson

Russ,Thanks for the bug report. That particular bug should be fixed. I think you'd have found it was actually showing you the 10th file, rather than the first file, but it was forgetting to transfer its state correctly.Thanks!--M

Thanks for the quick action. I really appreciate the Avsim site and all you guys do to keep it running.Not to be too picky, but I noticed the same "flip back to Normal Mode" effect happens if you click on one of the "jump direct to page x" links at the top. Probably the same type of problem as the first.Thanks again!Russ

Guest Matt Johnson

Picky is good. :)Fixed that buglet too. :)--M