Sign in to follow this  
Guest abent

Bought a new computer and getting FS for first time. P

Hello everyone. I am very new here but hope to learn from all of you.I just bought the following:Dell Dimension 8250 Pentium

Oh, are you gonna have fun!!Just check out the library here. Go through the most downloaded and the whats new sections. There's literally thousands of downloads. Check out the ERJ panel here: www.fsnordic.net .

Welcome to the world of MSFS! I hope you've got a lot time on your hands, because flying/tweaking/collecting for this sim can get addictive! A good place to start for tips and tricks with FS2002 is to visit this site: http://www.fsgateway.com/tips.asp -- they've got a fantastic archive of all sorts of tips and are a great read for a newbie or a veteran.Once again, welcome!

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

THanks a lot for your comments already! I did look at your tips so far and also found a flightsim.com page helpful. Can anyone else please comment on some helpful do/do nots for the newbie? Thanks so much. I have already learned a great deal through the old posts here!Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.

Guest crashing_pilot

hiya!!!you are going to have a lot of fun mate!!!check out the site in my sig,there's hundreds of textures available...and uhm...try these sites as well:www.frugalsworld.com www.aussim.com www.arnz.myhost.co.nz/ www.jet-precision.com www.jet-precision.com/hosted/ifdg www.simviation.com www.avsim.com/posky and a thousand others....but i'm gettin' tired :-)have fun flyin'and i'll see ya!!!

Guest PhilipManwaring

If you tell us some of the kinds of aircraft you enjoy, I'm sure many forum members here could suggest some awesome downloads to get you started. There is so much out there for FS2k2 it can be intimidating at first, but this really is a fun hobby and a great community of people.

Well, as far as fleets go, I like Qantas, AA, NWA and WNSo I guess I would like the best birds for each of these. QF: BAe146, 747, 738AA: 727, 737, 777NWA: 727, MD-11how aabout a nice Air Jamaica 340?the AN 225? AN 70 and AN 72?Actually, I would love the best planes and panels, but also the little nitty gritty scenery that makes it great. I defeintly hop to liven up JFK/LGA/FRG and ISP with some add-ons but again, I am slowly learning what I can do.Now that I think of it, this FS world has become SO huge that it could creat a job opening!!! LOL Imagine hiring a "sim consultant!"Also, I think I would want to sample some military planes like the F14, etc, amphibian or Old Pan Am Clipper type planes, star wars aircraft,,, I've seen screenwhots with boats! How do they do it! :-OTwo roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.

The possibilities are just about endless - but beware the black hole that is AI Traffic. (LOL) Its *very* addictive.Have fun!

Guest frankcubillos

Welcome to this wonderfully insane, and addictive hobby! :-waveAs you can see we all try to help each other out :-)Once you settle in a bit and get used to FS02, you can try cutting your teeth on adding real world AI and replacing the MS supplied versions. Let me warn you tho, AI is VERY addictive! :-lolwww.projectai.comWelcome to the hobby and most of all have fun! :-wave---Banners? We don't need no stinkin' banners!---Visualize ProjectAI sig banner here.

but beware the black hole that is AI Traffic. (LOL) Its *very* addictive.:-lol Ain't that the truth. Now if we could just get those things to use assigned flightplans instead of great circle routes(then again it may cause some of us to need therapy) :-lol Contrails, more contrails!

Hehehehe. I'd be happy if ATC would actually just manage arrivals rather than "first one to the runway wins and everyone else gets a go-around".Therapy. Yup. I'd say its getting dangerously close! :-)

HOw is AI addictive??? I thought that AI meant that there are other planes flying in the vicinity. What else does AI mean? Computer is due here on 1/20!ciao, mirrodieTwo roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.

I read one FAQ about frames per second and I see that it can be a problem. Am I bound to run into those problems with the chip that I have? thanks Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.