Hello,My problem is as follows:I use 2 sound cards. A Soundblaster Audigy SE with latest drivers, which has a 5.1 sound system and a mic on it and a SoundMAX AD1985 AC'97, onboard an ASUS P4C800 M/B, with driver version 5.12.1.3630 2/6/2003 (unfortunately the latest that ASUS has released) with my headphones on it.Outside FS everything appears to work fine. I have tested playing sounds in both outputs and using the mic at the same time and I've had no issues. But as soon as I launch either FS9 or FSX and both outputs are working the problems begin.In FSX the screen goes black after a while and immediately afterwards I get an "object crash" message. If I persist and reload the flight then, again after a few minutes, I get a message stating that: "0x# (hexadecimal 1) addressed memory block 0x# (hexadecimal 2). The memory cannot be read/written".In FS9 the aircraft starts bouncing backwards on the ground (like a sudden pitch up) (no input from the controls (verified through FSUIPC) and the engines off or at idle). The Cessna doesn't bounce hard enough to crash on the tarmac, so this keeps on for a while. After some time bouncing, it eventually jumps to N89'30''00, W0'00''00, 950000ft (in the normally non accessible area in the North Pole). Before this if I was using Teampeak along with FS9 the mic in teamspeak starts transmitting only a "beep".Now this may sound extremely odd, but I have tested it extensively and it is definately related to the use of 2 sound cards.Now, for starters thanks for bearing with me during the entire "essay". The questions are:1). Well, if anyone knows a solution, obviously.2). If you know any more recent drivers I can use for the AD1985 AC'97, that will work.3). If you know any hardware forums, where I can ask too.Thanks and sorry for the extensive post.

Anyone?I'd appreciate at least a verification that FS9 and FSX do work with 2 sound cards (if you've tried it), so that I know the problem is specific to my cards.

Thomas,I may be tryinjg something similar to what you are doing. I have had some screeching sound problem with the ASUS mb sound card..so I moved the Audigy 2 Z card from my old PC over. I thought I solved my problem. But it looks like I have the same crackle and screechy problem with Audigy card too. The only reason, I missed the screech problem with the audigy card was..my speaker system went south. Meaning..the sub was not working. Yes..when the sound goes low I have the problem.I have ordered a pair of PC speakers Logitech Z-2300 2.1 Speaker. $99 with shipping incl from Amazon.com.I am then going to try it out with both the sound system on. Will let you know (I'll post here in this thread) when I do that.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Yes, but are you using two sound cards simultaneously or just one of them at a time? Because my prb appears exclusively, when I use both of them and both their outputs are working (i.e. simulator sounds on one, VoIP the other).

This may or may not help, but today I went out and bought a USB headset (Logitech $50 deluxe-o model) specifically so that I could re-direct voice comms in FS-X to the headet/mic and not hear voice stuff over my main speakers. So far I am very pleased with the result - but I only have about 1/2 hour of testing. In sum, it's definitely possible to run two sound "cards", although of course one of mine is a USB device.My system is a Dell 8400 with a decent 5.1 motherboard-based, Creative Labs chipset.Good luck with your issues... I almost bought a low-end Creative Labs PCI card, but decided to try the USB route since it's such a no-brainer (the installation doesn't even need a CD or reboot). What I am still not sure about is how well this will work with my overall FS setup, which has a boatload of USB devices (a total of about eleven CH Products and GoFlight modules, plus a couple other USB things). But at first blush, it all seems to work!cheers,Dave Blevins.

System: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 mobo *** i7 2700K @ 5gHz w/ Corsair H80 cooler

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

System overclocked and tuned for FSX by fs-gs.com

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle & CH Products Pro Pedals

Various GoFlight panels *** PFC avionics stack

Thanks for the info.No, I don't think the fact it's a USB device changes much. I am becoming more and more convinced it's a driver problem. I'll probably look into finding an extra sound card for testing purposes.

Guest allcott

Before you do that try something simple:Reseat the sound card in a different PCI port.Re-test, and see if the problem is gone.Allcott

Guest allcott

I think you're probably right, but it could be an IRQ conflict. As you can't easily force an IRQ change moving the card to a different slot will change the IRQ.Allcott

Hmm I suspected an IRQ conflict, but I didn't know I could change it, by switching PCI slot. According to the device properties however one uses IRQ 17 and the other 22. Plus there is no problem with -say- sending winamp output to the one card and Teamspeak (output and input) to the other. (Unless this doesn't exclude the existence of the problem. My knowledge about IRQ functionality is only basic). I just found some marginally more up-to-date drivers (still 2 years old) and I will try them now. If it doesn't work I will switch PCI slots.

Guest JoJoDawg

Well a good way to find out is to disable the onboad sound card in biosand restart fs9 and see if you have the same problems. If so then remove the soundcard and enable the onboard sound card in bios. If notthen remove the soundcard and disable the onboard card. Narrow itdown to what is really causing the problems in fs9. Heck it may notbe the sound cards at all.

Actually I have already checked. It's the use of both cards simultaneously that is causing the prbs. I sent FS9 sounds to the one card and Winamp to the other. Afterwards I was able to make the issues start and stop by starting and stopping the song in Winamp.Well bummer about the drivers. Updated they indead were, but for my system they were not.

I have my ASUS Sound (Digital not the AC97 in BIOS) on as well as the Audigy 2 Z card.I loaded FSX and went to sound config and selected the realtek (ASUS MB) sound for voice.It works great....so far. I really like the idea of the ATC and other voice coming via the headset and the ambiance sound via the speakers.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter