Sign in to follow this  
LAdamson

An observation

What is going on with all the "attitude" on the forum lately? Did I miss a memo?I thought I could come here to exchange ideas, get hints from others, share the experiences. What's next? Membership for unrestricted access? Limited downloads?Get a clue! It's Flight Simulator. It's a game!OK, time for my meds

"I thought I could come here to exchange ideas, get hints from others, share the experiences"You can! Not sure what "attitude" you're referring to - I visit these forums daily and I have not seen any change. Still the same mix of helpful enthusiasts, professionals, "real life" pilots, newbies, and low post lurkers like me ;) Maybe you're feeling better after the meds? :-lol

Ditto to what Murphy said... Avsim has done just an outstanding job, and the people here are the best group of people I've meet in the flight simming community...Oh and one thing.... depending on you're background, Flight simulator can be a game, or a home simulator. I don't see Flight sim as a game, to me it's a simulator, and as a real pilot, I can't think of a better way to keep my IFR skills in check...Cheers

Hmm,let's see. I am not sure what you are referring to with "attitude" in the forum.The forums are there and are used to the biggest part just for why you think they are here for.Of course this does not mean that the forums are a place where just anything can be discussed in whatever way one choses since it is AVSIM that provides the service for free to the benefit of the community.This does not mean that there is censorship or anything like that in place, far from it, but there are certain rules that everybody is expected to follow. They are not difficult to understand and are openly available to anybody right on the website. They are called "Terms of Service" and if everbody follows them then I'm sure that there is no attitude problem.

There is an "attiude" change going on with the "outer marker" forum at flightsim. com, (way off topic -- politics & religion) but I certainly havn't detected anything major, here at Avsim, lately. Maybe it's a case of posting to the wrong forum???????L.Adamson

I share the "attitude" of Flythespitfire towards Flight Simulator: I cannot see it as a game, and I never refer to it as such. It certainly is a simulator, with limitations due to its limited requirements, but even professional airline simulators are never a total replacement for the real thing!In what concerns Avsim, and although I consider myself as a modest user, I think it is very useful and I always got a helpful hand whenever I needed it.Long live Avsim!