Sign in to follow this  
tf51d

Check this out!! TnL FPS boost

I also have an ATI card (X800 XL)this is what my new entry I made looks like, following the directions on your link...;---------------------------------------------------------------------; ATI x800xl Win2k/xp;---------------------------------------------------------------------<00001002:0000554D:ati2dvag.dll>TnL=2My question is this, do you also have a generic Radeon section that looks like this below???;---------------------------------------------------------------------; ATI Radeon Win2k/XP;---------------------------------------------------------------------Disable=1PanelAsTexture=0AntiAlias=0MinDriverRev=5.13.01.3102Disable=2MinDriverRev=6.14.0001.6307PanelAsTexture=2AntiAlias=2If I add a new section like you did, does it know to read the data from that new section, or do I need to add the TnL line to the generic section as well...Just seems a little confusing having those 2 sections present, that both show reference to ati2dvag.dll....thanks in advancedanon - -

I have a X1950XTX and I added this new entry;----------------------------------------------------------------------; ATI Radeon X1950XTX;----------------------------------------------------------------------<00001002:00007240:ati2dvag.dll>TnL=2But it didn't work at first. Then I tried deleting all the other ATI card entries and I went from 20 FPS to 30 FPS sitting on the active runway at KEWR.All settings maxed except for no Autogen or AI traffic, water 2low, 38m mesh, 1m texture.I'm running a C2D 6600 overclocked to 3.4Ghz, 2 GB RAM, 1950XTX. This is by far the best tweak I've seen, thanks alot Tom!Dustin

Hello,It seams to work also on MY nvidia video cards!I have to test more.Thanks .

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

Guest jsvw2001

Only 'problems' cards are listed in the display.cfg. That is a way to disable or force certain settings on these cards. If your card is not listed, no need to worry, ALL the features on your card will work in FS.>;----------------------------------------------------------------------; ATI Radeon X1950XTX;----------------------------------------------------------------------<00001002:00007240:ati2dvag.dll>In the number above, the last 4 digits, before the first colon shows the manufacturer (1002) in this case. The last four digits links to the model, 7240 in this case.If you go to "Control Panel", "System", "Hardware", "Device Manager", "Display Adapters" and then right-click on your card and select "Properties". Next, select the "Details" tab. On there, you will find a string like "PCIVEN_1002&DEV_7240". The VEN_1002 is the manufacturer (ATI in this case) and the DEV_7240 is the model. Another example, VEN_10DE is NVidia and DEV_0140 is the GeForce 6600GT.Johan

Guest emkramer

Haven't tried it yet, but why was this moved into the hardware forum?

>Haven't tried it yet, but why was this moved into the>hardware forum?I was wondering this myself! It's a software setting that effects H/W, I guess that's why! It's not H/W specific though! Since others who have tried this, are seeing similar results to mine, I'm afraid it may get lost here! If anything, I should have posted this in the MSFS Tips and tricks forum, although others post FSX tips in the main FSX forum! Glad to see that it's works for the others that tried it!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Hi Tom,Sorry to sound like such a do do but, I am kinda getting list in the thread and subthreads. Could you please describe just the steps needed to implement this with an nVidia 7950 card?Thanks a LOT,HowardCoul

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

Guest andrav

;----------------------------------------------------------------------; ATI Radeon Radeon Win2k/XP x800 GTO;----------------------------------------------------------------------[00001002:00004A49:ati2dvag.dll]Shader20Plus=0TnL=2Disable=0;**********************************************************************Hi guys this is the section that I concocted using the information above and I got this 00001002:00004A49 from the device manager tab of my computer in the display section.Notice I added Shader20Plus=0 this will give 5-8 extra FPS IMO but you will lose some fancy effects like metallic propellor centres, fancy water and shine on cockpit windows. No great loss IMO as I like the shader 1x2 water better and you can't see the glass shine from inside the cockpit anyway.Don

Guest kilo_sierra17

So out of curiosity, how would one set this up for a 7800GS?

>So out of curiosity, how would one set this up for a 7800GS?>Goto the the post in the screenshot forum I posted above, then scroll down to Johan's post. He explains how to do it there!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I tested this on mine, and it did not make any difference (oh well). I am glad it is helping some of you though, that is pretty neat. Maybe my 7800GT does TnL efficiently already? I don't know...RhettAMD 3700+ (@2530 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest emkramer

On my system (P4 2.8 GHz, Radeon 9550 SE 256 MB), the TnL line did nothing. However, I took thisd opportunity to add the Shader20Plus=13 line and now it is intensely playable. I went from 13 fps in the air with sparse autogen to 20 locked, with no visual reduction.

Hi,Does one know why there are 2 entries for some cards , see example :;-------------------------------------------------------------------; NVIDIA GeForce FX5200 ;-------------------------------------------------------------------[000010DE:00000320:nv4_disp.dll]PanelAsTexture=0; 2 following lines added to control shaderShader20Plus=13UseShaders=1Tnl=2[000010DE:00000320:nv4_disp.dll.1]MinDriverRev=6.14.0010.4523PanelAsTexture=2Shader20Plus=0Tnl=2What entry will be used?? In function of??Thanks in advance.

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

Guest allcott

EmilYou need to understand what the Display.cfg is doing, and it has been explained before. This file instructs the game to turn OFF or LIMIT certain functions when the game encounters certain cards.I don't know why this should work at all as I haven't seen any proof that the display.cfg is read at every start up. I always thought it is ONLY read when FSX is first installed, or whenever the lines in the main FSX.cfg relating to the video card were deleted, forcing the game to `re-recognise` the card. That was the way it was in FS9, and I have yet to see any indication things have changed for FSX.Where is the evidence for this tweak please? Surely, if it were to work, then it would HAVE to be placed in the FSX.cfg, NOT the display.cfg?Allcott