Sign in to follow this  

Waco YMF 5

Hello fellow simmers:When I was simming in FS98, I had this wonderful old Waco bipe YMF5.I would like to install it in my FS2002Pro, but do not have the expertise to do so and, I am puter illeterate.Clay, the author, gave me the permission to ask help to install it. I am sure, that, with proper credits, he would be happy to give permission to allow it to be available by all.I have attached two pictures and copied Clay's text. "Hi Leon... I don't think I can help you much with the FS2k2 stuff. I've not upgraded to it yet and probably won't until I can get a faster computer. I can barely run the FS2k with reasonable scenery and resolution without skipping, and I know the 2k2 will probably just frustrate me with skipping and hang-ups. You might try the Flightsim forums or somewhere like that, or you can try contacting anyone that uses G-max, because that is a 2k2 dedicated utility. Sorry... have fun flying and I hope you get the Waco set up OK. Clay" Here is Clay's addy: CEWKLW2@aol.com I would appreciate if someone could compile the files to install it.It already has a great paint job, I think.Thanks for your help.Flatspin_Fumble

Guest Ken Meier

I remember the plane you are talking about and it was a great one for FS98. The only help I can give is to just try and copy it to FS2002 aircraft folder and see if it will convert. This works with FS2000 models.If I might suggest a better solution it would be to go to Bill lyons site http://windrfters.com/ click on Custom Classics 1 and get his Waco built for FS2002. It costs $12.50, but you will receive way more than your money's worth. There are both wheeled and float versons in 4 paint schemes.Good luck,K

Thanks for you prompt reply KMy problem is the way the files are made in the zip "wacoymf5", I do not know how to install them in FS2002. In FS98, we used the converter that was easy.I am not allowed any credit card cauwe of a bankruptcy so I have no means to pay the money for the other one which looks fabulous indeed.Flatspin_Fumble

I agree with Ken's suggestions on both parts.Copy it into your FS2002/aircraft folder. Check the sound and panel folders to make sure that they aren't aliased to something that you don't have. If it has a custom panel and gauges, some of the FS98 stuff doesn't work in 2k2, so you may need to tweak a little with CFGEdit. If you can spare $12.50, get Bill and Lynn Lyons' Waco. Awesome aircraft! If you've got a 3+ piece speaker set, secure all the breakables in the room before you fly it. :)

Guest Reddog

Go to Bill Lyon's site and click on the Custom Classics 1 in his discription he has an email address to contact him to pay other than credit card (check, money order etc.)I'm pretty sure you can do this with any of his Custom packages, Waco,Tiger Moth, and his latest the Ryan STA package.http://www.enter.net/photoalbum/data/reddog/551867.jpgSceenshots and Pics athttp://community.webshots.com/user/reddog18951USMC Retired