Sign in to follow this  

Uploaded files missing

Hello,In the last couple of months I uploaded about 25 repaints. If I do an (extended) search on my name only one file gets up: the one I uploaded this weekend.If I do a search on Meljet I do find them but that is after scrolling hundreds of files. Anybody any idea?regardsTon van Bochove

Guest Brent Hebert

That is strange indeed. If I do a search with your full name, I get 1 file. If I do just your last name, I get 21 results. Your full name appears the same on all results.Also, you may want to search the entire library, rather than a specific category.Brent Hebert

Hi Brent,Thanks for stepping into my "problem". If I do a search on my last name in the entire library, I get ...1 file :-grr. Could it be a browser problem? regardsTon

Ton, just so you know, this would be a problem that Matt Johnson would need to look into and he is away on vacation right now. I think he plans to be back in about a week and should see your post then.

Ok Great! I can wait a week :-)Ton

Guest Matt Johnson

This is a temporary problem which I am currently not in a position to fix. However, when the Library moves to the new server (which will happen very shortly), I will ensure the problem is fixed.The technical version: There is currently an indexing problem on the Downloads table which is causing fulltext indexing (the method we use for searches) to be unreliable, particularly when using search terms of less than 4 letters.In order to fix this, a full index rebuild is necessary, which would require some significant downtime (order of 1-2 hours) on the current Library server. However, when we transfer the data to the new Library server, I intend to rebuild the indexes as a matter of course, which will fix the problem.Regards,--M

Guest Matt Johnson

Ok, I sort of lied. :-)We had a more significant problem than I knew when I wrote the above: an index had in fact crashed, rather than having been in the wrong format.I have just performed an index rebuild, and both the more serious problems and the problem noted here are both fixed.Regards,--M

Hi Matt,Thanks for the fix! Everything is great now!Ton