Sign in to follow this  
seehunt

Problem running 3D apps. with Saphire X1950pro AGP

My ATI 9800XT started dying, so I bought A Saphire X1950pro AGP.Uninstalled all ATI software and drivers according the ATI instructions and installed the new card. I fist loaded the drivers that came with the card's CD and everything seem to work OK. I then went into the catalyst control center to set my preferences and when I tried to set for 3D, the moniter screen went black and I got a no signal message.I had to shut down the computer and restart everything seemed normal, so I ran dxdiag and the card passed all the tests, both the direct draw, and the direct 3D. I again tried the 3D settings in CCC and againe the black screen and no signal message.I uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled ATI's latest drivers ver7.1. Same thing happened. When I try running FS9, Falcon4, or any 3D game, I get the black sreen and so signal message. Other than that the card works fine. Temp runs between 45c and 50c.My systempentium 4 3.2Asus P4C800-E deluxe MB2meg Kinston ramAntec 480 PSAny help to the cause of this problem appreciated.ThanksArnold

Guest diajohn2

Two things to look at.1. Have got the card correctly installed in the slot?2. Have you got the power hooked up to the card?

Hi Arnold,1) With all the driver changes, there is a pretty good chance you're leaving remnants on your system. I would use this program to clean out all the drivers, registry settings, etc.. before installing latest ATI catalyst drivers off ATI's website.Driver Cleaner (follow instructions carefully)http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=7452) While you list your PSU, you don't list the amp's on the rails. If a lot of amps and watts go to the 5 v and not the 12v, you may not be getting enough power to the card on the 12v rail. (That card is a PSU and 12v Rail Hog.....) I know, I have the x1650xt 512mb ram AGP card.You may need as high as 30 on the 12v rail. Check the card specs to see what is required. Or post exactly what psu you have.Regards,Joe

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Thanks for the advise, but after checking on google for problems with this card, I now have it working. This card has two power connections, both must be used. I only had one connected, but after connecting the second one, it now runs the 3D applications.Thanks for your responsesArnold

Guest d.lahrman

Arnold, I see you and I seem to be having similar problems but with different setups. Just out of curiosity, try going into Device Manager, uninstalling your adapater (don't remove the driver files if you have the option), and then let the OS reinstall the adapter drivers. Don't reboot your computer but next try one of your games. Let me know the results or let me know if you have any questions.Dan