Sign in to follow this  
Guest WindBeneathMyWings

Power Supply For The Following

Guest WindBeneathMyWings

1. EVGA 768-P2-N835-AR GeForce 8800GTX 768MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 SUPERCLOCKED HDCP Video Card 2. Kingston HyperX 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model KHX6400D2LLK2/2GN - Retail 3. EVGA 122-CK-NF68-AR LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail Item #: N82E168131880094. Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 Conroe 2.66GHz LGA 775 Processor Model BX80557E6700 - Retail Item #: N82E16819115002I know I have been posting in here about this equip for the past week or two but tomorrow Is D-Day. ;)I am listing 2 power supplies Could someone please enlighten me if either would be sufficient for the above.1. BFG Tech BFGR1000WPSU ATX 12V 2.2/EPS 12V 2.91 1000W Power Supply - Retail Item #: N82E168177020052. BFG Technologies PC System PowerSupply 1000 Watt Power Supply - Product Number: 342098 - Mfr. Part #: BFGR1000WPSU - Brand: BFG Technologies Power Supplies this one is from Compusa I don't know if it is the same as the above that one is from newegg. Could those power supplies be too much? Or would something like the following be enough?OCZ GameXStream 700-Watt Power SupplyThe SLI-Ready GameXStream 700 Watt power. Happy Landings, Josh

I don't have experience with either of those power supplies but any one of them should power that system with a single 8800gtx. If you plan to ever get a 2nd 8800....I'd make sure you get a 1kw ps.I run the enermax galaxy 1000w and it's great. Kinda expensive @ $349 from Newegg but lots of great reviews. That BFGTech you listed looks like they are both the same Power Supply.

Guest WindBeneathMyWings

Banks, Thank Ya Sir... How do you like that setup you currently have? Can you pretty much throw anything at her for the time being? Well except for FSX ;) Just out of curiousity how does she handle fsx? Especially with that GTX. Oh are you pretty happy with that Motherboard? Thanks Again, Josh

I bought the one listed below and there is no problem with that combo. The 1000W Enermax was too expensive and also will not fit in my case without surgery.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

So far so good with my new rig. Overclocking with this board is way too easy. I have an overkill watercooling setup (black ice extreme quad radiator with 4 silent 10 dba fans)Saving $620 vs buying the x6800 was a great decision as my chip now destroys the x6800 @ stock speeds with still more headroom as I'm only running 1.48 volts through the chip and am already at 3.8ghz which is running 24 hours of FSX stable lol :)I run FSX Medium-High all screens and frames are 15-30 locked 30 anywhere I go. @ 3840x1024 resolution I am considering running another 8800gtx in sli but waiting on more experience from others in doing so. FSX loves CPU so do what you can to feed it!Good luck on your build!

1KW is insane unless you have money to waste.The 700w from OCZ is plenty enough even if you were to go with another 8800 (useless for fsx anyway) FYI, Your system at full load will probably use between 250 and 300w.Of course if overclocking the power consumption will rise.