Sign in to follow this  

ERJ panel...love it, but how about "auto throttle"!

I love using Bill Grabowski's panel on the ERJ 145. I KNOW IT'S NOT REALISTIC TO HAVE AN AUTO-THROTTLE ON THIS PLANE, BUT I'D LIKE TO ADD ONE, IF POSSIBLE. Long flights on AP inevitably end in disaster if I try to leave the cockpit (room). Overspeed is the culprit. Please, if someone is so talented as to create an autothrottle option for this plane, I would be most appreciative. Thanks, Stan

I believe that you could edit the aircraft config to enable auto-throttle and then learn the keyboard shortcut, or you could go all out and add a switch to the panel, but youll probably need a graphics editor and panel editor programs. The first would be my choice.Craig

I know you're right about flying by the numbers, but I just wanted an autothrottle. I acknowledge the "correctness" of flying right. I just wanted an autothrottle. I'll go back and just try to leave the room by not having it at full throttle. Thanks, Stan

If you want an unrealistic panel, take one of the lesser ERJ panels floating around the web.Once you choose for the best, expect to have only those features the real thing has as well.