Sign in to follow this  

MSFS world time and Night vison for night flights

Hi all:Question Number 1. I noticed when checking for correct time at locations using worldtimeserver.com That when I put in the correct time for the location say for today at Port Moresby in Papau New Guinea which was 10:46 am and the GMT time is 00:58. When putting the correct time in MSFS the gmt is off by an hour (01:45). is this a small glitch whith MSFS 2002?Question Number 2. I was wondering if there was a "night flying panel" something similar to the basic panel in MSFS where you fly with just the basic instruments. But In the greenish hues that you see when they do photography/film with night vision camera,s. It would be neat to do low level flying at night setting and be able to switch from normal vision when you fly nights in MSFS where most of the scenery is black. To being able to look at the existing scenery lighted up with the green nightvision hues and the instrument panel as well. Espically on those low level penetrations in the mountian ;-) Just wondering Thanks Bill

There is a known problem with the time zones in MSFS but it easily corrected.Go to the library here and down loadtz20.ziptz20_update2.ziptz20_update3a.zip(You may not need tz20_update2.zip)Read the 'readme' file and install as instructed, this will cure the incorrect time zones in MSFS.Sorry, can't help with your second question

I was wondering that myself about the night vision. I think a year or two ago someone did come out with a panel which had been essentially painted completely "invisible green". I'm not sure that would give the proper effect, but it was kinda neat to play with.