Sign in to follow this  
Guest odog

Dynamic shine and/ or Alpha?

Guest odog

Hi, Please have a look at this comparison. I spent the better half of the last 24hrs trying to crack this Gmax .x file buisness. I was able to add dynamic shine to a model. It looks good on my system, which does not support alpha channels at the moment. Is there a benefit to not using alphas? (framerate increase?) Would you rather have the choice of dynamic shine or alpha, or both?One drawback is Gmax shine cant be turned off. You input is appreiciated...these pics show sphere #1 with the minimum gmax shine allowed. Sphere #2 shows the non modified gmax specular highlights. Pics taken at dawn, day, and dusk. Because of system limitations Im unable to provide a pic of a combined Dynamic/Alpha shine.p.s. Thanks to all the guys who did the leg work on this and pointed towards the right direction.Odog