Sign in to follow this  
Guest UweR

Anyone tried Carenado's Dakota?

Just wondering of anyone has tried the new Piper Dakota that Carenado has just come out with, and if so, what you think of it?

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

Hi,I purchased Dakota few hours after relase and i'm verry happy with it. This is first Carenado's plane relased in gmax and with custom sounds.As usual the external model and VC are extremly detailed , very good looking and frame rate friednly ( at least on my specs 1800+xp , gf4ti 4200 and 512 mb - locked fps @ 25 and i'm getting 25 with Dakota and some scenery in VC )Air file also seems to be good - i've made several tests with max gross weight ( 3000 lbs ) and the plane flies very close to "numbers" Sounds are good , maybe not the best, but suit to Dakota.There some nice sun reflections - nice touch specialy when you're making turn towards seeting sun and reflections are traveling on engine hood from one side to another ( in VC ) :-cool sorry for not perfect englishregardsEricson

Guest Moghdad

First I've heard about it. I'm there! Seriously, Carenado's Bonanzas are my very favorite FS2K2 aircraft. Their Archer II is also great. Well, I'm off to buy the Dakota.

Guest SlimDady

akk im being tempted.. Credtcard must stay in wallet.. as im still waiting on the 727 i paid for but didnt get yet. Until i get it i dont trust buying planes anymore

Ooh, don't let CaptainSim turn you against all other designers... We're all feeling a little burnt by the CS727 release which hopefully will get patched very shortly. If they don't change the way they do business, they may be out the game anyway (which would be sad because they do make good aircraft). Caranado's support is all but none existent but you will get your plane (without an activation key) exactly at the time you click the button and buy it.....

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

> How 'bout a shot of the panels, 2D >and VC? > ok - here you have some VC shots : 1. VC with some gauges changed ( Carenado Archer II radio stack , one axis autopilot , VSI and altimeter from DF pa-28-181 , added switch panel in VC etc. )2. wing and interior view3. cool dynamic reflections on engine hood :-)regardsEricson

>Caranado's support is all but none existent but you will get your plane (without an activation key) >exactly at the time you click the button and buy it.....Yep.. I like that way of business.Enter cc numbers. Download plane.No waiting months for your purchase to be made.No waiting weeks for an email with a activation key.No waiting days for an email with a registration key.I did have a problem with the B35b cc-kby model not showing up. After a quick aircraft.cfg fix all is fine.Plus they are cheaper than many others. You can buy two for the price of one from other companies.

Jerry,How long after you placed your order did it take to get the e-mail with the download instructions?I ordered several hours ago and haven't received anything yet.Thanks,Tom

Tom,I haven't ordered from Carenado for a few months. But as I remember it, there was no waiting for an e-mail with download instructions. I just went ahead and downloaded directly and immediately after my card transaction was completed.John

Guest SlimDady

>>Caranado's support is all but none existent but you will get your plane (without an activation key) >>exactly at the time you click the button and buy it.....>>Yep.. I like that way of business. >Enter cc numbers. Download plane. >No waiting months for your purchase to be made. >No waiting weeks for an email with a activation key. >No waiting days for an email with a registration key. >>I did have a problem with the B35b cc-kby model not showing >up. After a quick aircraft.cfg fix all is fine. >>Plus they are cheaper than many others. You can buy two for >the price of one from other companies. heh i noticed that. They are around the 15$USD mark.. Thats a very fair price.. much better then paying 40$ a plane, almost as much as the whole game costs itself

Guest Moghdad

Has anyone had any luck intercepting a glideslope in the Dakota? The "Approach" mode on autopilot responds to the localizer but not glideslope, and I don't see any glideslope indicator on the Nav1 display.

It is possible, like my plane, that it is not stc'd for glideslope.On my plane electric trim was not approved which was needed for glideslope with the autopilot. So I get loc on the autopilot but glideslope is manual. I don't own the Dakota but perhaps this is the situation there.http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/Geofdog2.jpg