Sign in to follow this  

Iron Nuckles DC9 aircraft disappeared in aircraft menu

Guest GamePlayer

This has happened to me today. The Iron Nuckles DC9 aircraft is not in the menu anymore. They mysteriously disappeared although I still have the Flight 1 DC9 directory. This happened after I used Load Manager to turn off the alarm systems. They aren't in the recycle bin either and I still see the directories and files for this aircraft. FS2002 just doesn't see this aircraft anymore. Has anyone had these aircraft just mysteriously dissappear from their aircraft menu without deleting the aircraft?

Check your DC-9 aircraft.cfgI'm not sure about the load manager, but every time I use text o matic to add a repaint of this aircraft it messes up my aircraft.cfg by adding lots of spaces after the "sim" entryie: sim=F1_DC9-30 <- ToM adds lots of spaces after this entry. This confuses FS2002 and the aircraft will not show up in the aircraft menu.Just open up your aircraft.cfg with notepad and check to make sure the formatting hasn't been altered.Hope this helps.

Guest GamePlayer

Thanks for your help. You're right, my aircraft.cfg file is messed up. It appeared that part of the Eastern Airlines stuff was missing. I tried to recreate this scenerio by removing the Flight 1 DC9 software and then reinstalled it and then ran LoadManager.exe and saved the settings I changed and FS2002 once again doesn't see the Flight 1 DC9 aircraft and my aircraft.cfg file got messed up once again with part of the Eastern Airlines stuff missing. I copied and pasted from the BAK file to get the rest of the Eastern Airlines stuff back. Can this be a bug in the Flight 1 DC9 software?

It is a bug in the load.exe program. I got the same results that you had with part of the Eastern airline DC9 file missing.I reloaded the Service releases 1 and 2 and everything is back to normal. From now on I am not going to use this load program and will just change the fuel load from FS2002. Originally I wanted to check the section that will let you use the FS2002 GPS but I guess that is out now.