Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lizardo

UK Scenery

I have just installed FS2002 on my machine. I would like to know whether there is any scenery files i can download to make the north of england look more realistic. I have the Leeds/Bradford (My local airport) scenery which is excellent but as soon as i fly away from the airfield things go back to the default FS flat scenery.

Yep, I can second that. Lago's Scotland&Ireland mesh is the first mesh, and I have tried 'em all, to accurately (within mesh resolution limits) display the Pentland Hills just south of EGPH (Edinburgh, Scotland).That in itself fills me with confidence that the rest of the UK is correctly displayed and makes the VFR experience so much more enjoyable and satisfying.Mike :-wave

Aye up!!Thats my local airport too!I live at the end of Rwy 14 at the top of Guiseley.How far are you from the airport?p.s. With the Leeds scenery, do you get big white squares for some of the trees when all of the scenery sliders are set to max? I got the tree files as said but the dont appear to show up.

Guest Lizardo

Having tried them all, Lago's mesh is by FAR the best. There are also many free add-ons at various sites but the one "for sure" to grab issctlnd02.zip from www.flightsim.com which "populates" Scotland and the northern islands marvelously.