Sign in to follow this  
tony32

Is my video card the weak link?

hi,my system is: e6600,overclocked to 3.2evga 680i mobo2gb corsair dominator ramocz 700w power supplyseagate 250gb 16cache-xp64bit74gb raptor 8cache with fs9 only74gb raptor 8cache for page file and sceneryx850xt 256mb cardStutter,stutter,pause,the same as when i had my amd system so i wonder if the evga 8800gts 640mb i have had my eye on would be a improvement over the ati.any opinions is appreciated

Guest jimcooper1

The GPU is certainly the weakest link in your system...but your stutters may be more to do with your slider settings and cfg entries.RegardsJim

I would opt for the 640mb version, personally...all that extra video memory i would like

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I figured about the card but was not 100% sure,guess i will start from scratch when i get the new card.thanks for the help,tony.

I have a very similar setup, but have a Xeon 3060 (similar to 6600E) and the 8800GTS 640MB...very nice zippy setup. I currently have 2GB of mem, but am probably going to up it to either 3 or 4 GB so my add-on's have room to breathe as well.Running Vista 32Bit home premium.

Building a full scale 737-800 Simulator running P3D v5.x 210 degree wrap around screenspacer.png

Jason Lohrenz (@lohrenz737) • Instagram photos and videos

Lohrenz 737 Simulator Project (lohrenzsimulator.com)