Sign in to follow this  
brucek

Question on SimFlyer's KLAX Scenery.

I have a love affair with KLAX :) ! Just returned from a trip from NZAA (Auckland New Zealand), via KLAX to/from KDEN. While the UA B777 flight to NZAA was very uneventful, fog in KPHX kept us on the ground at the gate for the AWE flight back to KDEN, for about 5 hours- this was at the gate at terminal one, although we parked on the tarmac for 2 hours both at KLAX and at KPHX too. Terminal one is at the threshold of 24 L/R, I was the only one hoping the delays would go longer :). B744 City!I've downloaded the SimFlyers's KLAX scenery, it sure looks impressive. I realize that the banners and false buildings go away on registration. I did note however that the runways had no markings- is this a registration item too? My frame-rates are bad (P4-1.8G / 512M DDR133 / Ti2100 G3), maybe caused by the incredible aircraft and bus models at the gates; but is it possible to disable these for better frame rates?Thanks- this is really a work of art, these are just a few questions before I register this scenery.Bruce.PS. Are there any recommended AI aircraft files (AFCAD ? Ttools) files for this scenery? Thanks. BK.

As always, if in doubt, RTFM! :) I'be proceeded to register this scenery, these guys really do a great job.Bruce.

you'll also notice that performance goes up dramatically after registration!I guess those huge blocks over the place where the runways go are framerate killers...

Guest Milio_B

I know this question might sound stupid, but...Are FPS dramatically worse that default KLAX or are thya b it better?I mean, seeing I get such low FPS and the default airport does not looks THAT good, well...I might as well download the sceneryI've noticed that FPS seem to be better with Simflyer's EDDF than with default...it might be the AFCAD, but who cares, I'm happy with what I got!! :(So maybe the same thing heppens at KLAX?I'll go d/l the demo before you hit me! :(

Thanks on the hint regarding better fps after registration. This scenery sure rocks!Bruce.

Guest groundpounder75

"Just returned from a trip from NZAA (Auckland New Zealand)"Bruce, I have done that trip a few times only going from KROC (Rochester, NY) to KPIT to KLAX to NZAA then on to NZDN. The first time I made the journey it took 37 hours with layovers all over the place. I flew on Qantas both times on the Longreach and I was really suprised to hear that United was flying the 777 over the Pacific. New Zealand is an amazing country.My two cents....

Hi Arthur,Yes- New Zealand is a nice country. It's my country of birth in fact, and my folks are still down there on the wild west coast!That's a long flight you once did! While not as long, on the return leg it was NXCH-NZAA-KLAX-KPHX-KDEN. The last two legs were on AWE. The only time ever they had fog in Phoenix! I arrived in KLAX on UA at 0900, and had scheduled a 1500 flight KLAX-KPHX-KDEN (allowing for any delays on UA, and time to look around :) ). At 1800 we were allowed to board the 1500 flight, only to be 2 hours in the plane at KLAX, then to PHX, then another 2 hours on the ground (still in the plane) while they tried to find us a gate! I arrived in KDEN at 0130 the following day!Dunedin is nice too.Bruce.