Sign in to follow this  

X3D Display system, anyone tried it?

I've seen the TV ads and reviewed their web site (www.x3d.com). Wonder if the system works decently on FS2K2.Thanks for your input.

I saw the ads as well, went to their site and emailed them about a couple of things. One was what stereo drivers they used and whether they might regularly update these as this seems to be one of if not the biggest issue with page-flipping 3D glasses. I told them I was an EDimensional user and would be interested in becoming an X3D user if they could show me better customer service and regular or at least more than infrequent driver updates. Never heard back from them. Its been a few weeks and not a peep, so they definitely wont get my business.Craig

Craig:Thanks for the response. I got the sense from the site that they were heavy on advertising hype and devoid of technical content. Their lack of response doesn't surprise me.I'd love to try the eDim glasses, but my 21" CADD monitor - at the higher resolution that I run - can only refresh at 72Hz. From what I understand the resultant 36Hz frame rate would be a migraine.Regards,

I use the E-Dimensional glasses on a 19" monitor, at 1280x960x32 I get a 85 Hz refresh rate. This is fast enough to keep me from getting any flickering. In 3D I usually run at 1024x768 to get 120 Hz refresh rate. Using 3D I find that the lower resolution is not objectionable at all. At 1024x768, I get the feeling that the resolution is greater than it is at 1280x960. Anything slower than 85 Hz lets the flickering be noticable, but at 85 Hz I cannot see any flickering at all.Sterographic 3D is amazing to me, the immersion factor is greatly enhanced, and the sense of altitude is unbelivable. After using it for a year and a half, I couldn't do without it. One of the greatest addons that I have added for the flightsimming experience.

Hi there,I had a cousin that ordered a pair. (She's a sucker for a good deal). She called them up and ordered a pair (By credit card), and they told here it would be three to four weeks for delivery. She did this a week before Thanksgiving so that she would have them in time for Christmas for her kids. When four weeks went by and she had not seen anything from them she called them up, and discovered that they had never processed her order. So they supposedly sent her a pair overnight shipping. After about two days she still hadn't seen them. She called them up again, and said that she wanted her money back. To try and keep her business they sent her out a pair of wireless ones overnight again. She did in fact get those ones the next day, and then the original overnight order showed up in the mail about two weeks later.Now she can't even get them to work with her machine. I havn't had an opportunity to go over and give her a hand with them yet, so I can't comment on the performance. But I can assure you I don't intend on ordering anything through them if I have to go through the same thing that she did.