Sign in to follow this  
Guest sgerfen

Aliasing problem

Guest sgerfen

Well, I tried to update to the latest ATI drivers and noticed that FS9 wouldn't stay in AA mode when I would minimize the program and return to it. I would have to go back into Catalyst Control Center and reset it.So I went back to old drivers 7.3 when I didn't have the problem. But I have same problem now with those drivers.I've tried deleting FS9 config file to start from scratch and that doesn't even help.Anyone else having this problem?

Guest CDAhmedEH

I've had the same problem too, and that's with the 6.2 drivers ! I switched to the Omega Drivers and now AA and AF stay no matter what.

Look for a file on AVSIM called: D3D9.zipI uploaded it a few moments ago.This zip holds the d3d9.dll file along with the configure/ini file.You place this .dll file in your FS9 ROOT folder along with the control/ini file.What will you get?Crisp and clear scenery. No more blurriness.This one zip was the Magic Bullet for my Pent 4 3.4 Ghz/ATI XT800XL setup.It might even work for FSX. (I have not tried it out with FSX, just a guess.)It is ONLY for users that have any ATI product.Try it out, you'll love it. Tip: Set the first feature to a value of: 3. Leave the second one at its default of: 0 This ATI user perk file is a real SLEEPER. Man, does it work!!!Cheers,Mitch

It doesn't show yet, Mitch. Did you create this? What does it do that the ATI or the Omega drivers don't do?

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hello Paul,Here is a copy of the note file that was in the zip. I am not the author. Here are the goods...BTW, this thing REALLY works. You will be amazed! I have Birds Eye View, and with this .dll cranking away the scenery is razor sharp!!!!Enjoy,Mitch-----------------------------------This file overrides various Direct3D calls. Currently it supports forcing a multisample mode,as well as overriding alpha test calls with Alpha-To-Coverage (only expected to work on ATI),which helps get proper antialiasing on alpha-masked textures with multisampling.Issues: - Since this hooks into the Direct3D rendering stream PunkBuster or other anti-cheating software may not like it. Be very cautious about using it in online games relying on such software. I take no responsibility if you get kicked or banned from a server or the entire game. - Only works with DirectX9 games. - Only tested with Splinter Cell CT, HL2, BF2, NFSU (some issues), NFSU2, and a few of my demos.How to use: - Put the d3d9.dll and d3d9.ini files into the game's directory. That is, the same directory as the game's .exe file. DO NOT PUT INTO YOUR SYSTEM DIRECTORY!!! - Edit d3d9.ini to your preference.Please send me feedback on existing options and any additional options you would like to see included. - humus@rogers.com

Guest sgerfen

I'll give it a try and also try the Omegas. Thanks Guys

Guest Mike_Luchia

Sounds very interesting. Anyplace we can get this being it hasn't shown up in the library yet?

Guest Ken_Verga

Could you maybe make a NVIDIA version anybody?

:) Thanks a bunch Mitch,I had all but surrendered to the supposedly inevitable blurries in FSX. Nothing seemed to be able to get my 3G/P4, Radeon XL1650/512 rig to give me 15 FPS + scenery without blurries. Well, this little program you suggested has made a world of difference for me.All have run all of my own saved benchmark flights and I am certain that the blurries have been almost completely eliminated. I don't know why or how, but I don't really care; now I can back to some flying again.I run Active Sky X, Graphics X, Ultimate Traffic X (set at 10%), Ultimate Terrain USA (mostly disabled, though), LVLD-767 or CLS DC-10, and all of the FS Genesis Mesh and landclass products.Just completed flight from IAD to MCO (Cloud 9 scenery) with multi-layer clouds, rain, lightning and the textures were loading and appearing crisp; frame rate was 7-12 fps, but smooth without stutters.I am going to try it out on FS9 later today.Thanks again,Todd

You're most welcome Todd!It sure worked for me!!!I'm glad it helped your setup.I'm also very glad that a link was posted by another user. Cool! I noticed that my upload was not accepted.Cheers,Mitch