Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

PLEASE! I implore for help with AFCAD & AFInstaller!

Hello Gang!I am having a hughe problem with AFCAD and AFInstaller and I need any help I can get from the forum users. Here's my situation!!!Two days ago, I noticed that after installing a couple of AFCAD files, those airport that I installed were no longer available to be selected from the Airports menu in FS2002. For example, every time I typed "KDFW" as the identifier, the airport would be listed, but nothing was listed in the gates and runways section at the bottom to select the position of the aircraft, therefore, the airport could not be selected.Since I hold a full backup of FS2002 in a different drive, I tinkered with the backup copy of the AFDFILE folder and restored the original. When I restored to the original files, life was good again. From that point on I started doing some additional experimenting, and realized that every time I installed an airport AFCAD either throught the AFCAD program or with AFInstaller, those airports found within the regional location of the airport AFCAD I had just installed, would be wiped out from the FS2002 DB - again, the airports would show up in the airport selection window, but could not be selected because the gates and runways and such would have been deleted.I have re-installed FS2002 for the 4th time already and things are OK now, but I have to be able to install gates for my AI. Has anyone run into this before? Are there any possible solutions for me here?Thanks for any help!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

How about deleting the copy of AFCAD AND AFInstaller that you have, download a fresh copy from AVSIM, unzip and see if you have the same problems.It doesn't seem that it is a problem with fs2002. What OS are you running. If WinXP, right click your fs2002 ICON, select properties, select Compatibility tab, and ensure compatibility mode is OFF.

Hey Sieffert!Thanks for your response and willingness to help!I've already done what you suggested (TWICE) - and nothing! I have the same feeling as you do - I don't think it has anything to do with FS2002. AFInstaller and AFCAD were working marvelously for me until about 2 days ago, when I tried to install the updated AFCAD for KDFW for the scenery available out there, and the KMEM AFCAD for the latest KMEM new generation scenery out there. After that, life has been miserable with these 2 program. Furthermore, any AFCAD file I try to install, regardless of the geographical location, messes up my database. It's the weirdest thing man!I've already e-mailed Lee Swordy to see if he can provide any insight!Thanks! If you think of anything else, please let me know either here or via e-mail!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Hi DennisI have exactly the same problem but i have never been able to get it to work right from the word go.I had exactly the same trouble with the airports disappearing and you don't have to do a reinstall.All you need to do is find the back-up afd file and rename it as the original.My problem has been when i try to save the modified file it can't find my afcad file (New Zealand ) in my case but the file is damn well there.I have some one working on it for me so if i crack it i will let you know whats worked for me.CheersRussell

Since you indicated you installed third party scenery, I would check the condition of your scenery.cfg file. Cut and paste the scenery.cfg file to a safe area on your hardrive. Restart fs2002, let it stabilize and see if it regenerates a new scenery.cfg file. You might all try deleting all the individual scenery.dat files. They should be regenerated, as well.If you are timid about hosing your scenery files. Copy the entire scenedb folder to a safe area on your hardrive then delete the scenery.dat files from all the individual subfolders.