Hello,I've upgraded my VGA from a Radeon X1900XTX to HD2900XT 512Mb, but the results were not satisfactory to me. Not much improves at all.Are there anybody else here running HD2900XT ??My power supply does not have the 2x4 PCI-E connector. Is this affect the default performance of the video card?BrunoMy system:Intel CORE 2 6600, 2Gb RAM (667), Sapphire HD2900XT 512DDR3, Asus P5LD2-SE, Vista (32)

Guest nobody

HelloThe card will only run at half speed or less if it don't get enough power. Im almost sure the lack of power connectors are causing your problem.If that doesn't solve it you can try to reinstall your graphics drivers.A reformat of your harddrive and fresh install of windows will otherwise fix any software problem.

I have the 1 gig 2900XT in my new system and love it. Hard to compare, since I have an all new system going from a FX-57 to an E6700, but I do like the quality over the old GTX 7800.The card is loud though. Since that system is mainly for simming its no big deal to me.Joe Lorenc

Joe Lorenc

Guest baksteen33

Hi Bruno, yes, you can't do Overdrive leaving the clocks at a fraction of their potential, ca 55-60%. FYI, AFAIK, all future hi-end GPUs will require 8-pin connectors, a PSU-investment should be good for 'a round or two'. Kind regards Jaap

I'm looking for a new PSU, maybe I'll get a powerfull one for the next 2 years.The ATI Control Panel shows 507Mhz for GPU and 514Mhz for memory.Too slow. Let's gonna see after PSU replacement.ThanksBruno

Guest baksteen33

Hi Bruno, I got my X2900 a couple of weeks ago and the only 'quick PSU punch' was a 1kW(!) PSU. I once swore I'ld give-up computing would that ever be necessary! So, don't trust me! :-) FYI, the standard max Overdrive

Guest baksteen33

Hi Bruno, speaking of newer drivers, v.7.8 fixes all but 1 issue over here. This is the first somewhat good driver for the X2900. Switching from full screen to a window is much quicker for example. http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.htmlFYI-2, MS' DX-redistributable for August2007 is also available Kind regards Jaap