Sign in to follow this  

FS Skyworld SE

I downloaded the FS Skyworld SE website and followed the installation instructions, yet, I don't know how to locate or activate the program? First, should I bother with this weather freeware or buy some payware. Second, how the heck do you turn the program on and use it? I've got Windows 2000 OS. Was there a downloading problem?Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.DP

There should be an icon installed on your desktop that you click and it starts the program. If not, click the start button in the tool bar and then click programs. Look for FS Sky World SE. It should be listed in there. If all else fails, do a search in "Find" and FS Sky World SE. I would highly recommend you check out ActiveSky wxRE. The FS Sky World and ActiveSky wxRE go great together. It is payware but worth it. http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/Hope this helps.Larry :-wavehttp://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/logo75.gif

Guest Boone

I had the same problem as I found the instructions confusing.1. Double click on the desk top FSW Icon.2. Choose from the list which clouds you want to install (i.e. 1. cumulus set, 1. cirrus, etc.)3. Hit Install4. Start FS and go to the Weather / Clouds page.5. Install the cumulus set (adjust the altitude to what you want)6. Hit 'add new cloud layer' and install the cirrus clouds etc.7. choose a flight and bingo!It's a great looking programme, especially the more layers you add.Regards,Boone

Guest GOODY

Where do I go to download the above?GoodyGoody@cableone.net

Thanks. I figured out I installed it wrong. I don't know if I'll get it right, but I'll keep you posted. DP

jerrycwo4Boone.... I also have the two weather programs, FS Sky World and ActiveSky wxRE and I do NOT have to do your 'steps' 4, 5 or 6. You ARE connected to the internet, huh? After I press "INSTALL" I do NOT have to go to the Fs2002 weather page and install them. If in the REAL weather they (the clouds)are there, they will be there in Fs2002. Of course, if where you are the real wx is CLEAR, and you want clouds, THEN you would have to also do your steps 4-6 ??? I looked for a long, long time to find the "perfect" weather program but I have stopped looking now. These two programs are MY answer to perfect weather.jerry