Sign in to follow this  
rcbarend

Help please with rudder wiring?

I have made rudder pedals with a 100K pot. After researching this site and others, the advice is to wire the pot between pins 9 and 11 on the DB15 plug.On opening the plug, there was already a wire on pin 11 which I removed and, in turn connected the 100k pot.By doing this, the pedals worked ok but,disconnecting the existing wire from pin 11 caused the throttle axis on my Suncom/dual throttle combo to cease working?Before this, I was using one othe side of the split throttle for throttle and the other side as an alevator trim.I realize I can reassign the elevator axis to throttle but, is there any way i could wire the rudder to fifferent pins and leave the throttle/elevator trim intact?ANy help would be appreciatedNorm

Norm,I assume your are talking about a controller connected to the gameport ?If so, you only have 4 axis available.Which are connected to pin 3,6,11, and 13.So if 11 is already used, look at pin 13 (normally the throttle on a joystick).If all 4 axis are already used, there no way that you can add an additional rudder axis on this controller without sacrificing another.If you have a free axis: it doesn't matter to which pin you connect the rudder; in FS2K2 you can assign any axis to any function.Rob