So I want to use 3 monitors with FS. What is the card to but to do this. JimCYWG

Guest jimcooper1

Well most cards only have 2 outputs..you can get some Matrox ones with 4 outputs but they are NOT gaming cards.So you either have to install 2 cards or use a Matrox TripleHead2Go box. Depending on the resolution you require will determine the size of VRAM required but in general more is better with multiple monitors.What is the rest of your System Specs?(MB/CPU/RAM) and will it be for FS2004 or FSX?? What size/resolution are your monitors??I'll then be able to give you better adviceJim

Guest zinja

JimCooper is a little bit like Beetlejuice. You say 3 monitors and he pops up! Now, where's Sam? ... :)Anyway, I've done a lot of multi-monitor configurations; pretty much everything using 2 to 4 monitors and ATI and NVidia configurations, including AGP/PCI to two PCI-Express cards. Maybe I can help, too.In addition to what Jim asked, can you also tell us what type of flying you like to do? Particularly, 2D or VC? Also, what type of aircraft do you prefer? What's your monitor situation? Steve Gravley

Guest jimcooper1

>Anyway, I've done a lot of multi-monitor configurations;>pretty much everything using 2 to 4 monitors and ATI and>NVidia configurations, including AGP/PCI to two PCI-Express>cards. Maybe I can help, too.I'll default to you Steve...I'm off for a curry!!:-beerchug RegardsJim

Hello,I "fly" 3 monitors onto 2 video cards.

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

Jim (jagabom),Really no matter what your system, if you want to fly with 3 monitors and minimise the hit on your system, get a Triple Head 2 Go. There are other options as already pointed out here, and the Matrox is an added expense, but it will give you a great ride once installed. Plus you can use the other vid outputs to drive more monitors for instrument views at the same time.Ken :)http://www.kennair.comhttp://www.kennair.com/Images/avatars/b200pil.jpg

I currently have a 8800 with a 1920x1200 as main and a 1280x1024 as the 2nd monitor. The 2nd monitor has full 3D acceleration, so I often use it for Google Earth to track as I fly.I'd like to add a 3rd monitor for FSX's GPS, radio stack, ATC messages etc.Do you think a Triple Head to go is best, or just add 2nd low cost PCI-Express video card?specs:Quad at 3.2Ghz4GB Ram8800 GTS 640mbfly:FSX VC with f18 / Maule etc.

Guest jimcooper1

>I currently have a 8800 with a 1920x1200 as main and a>1280x1024 as the 2nd monitor. The 2nd monitor has full 3D>acceleration, so I often use it for Google Earth to track as I>fly.>>I'd like to add a 3rd monitor for FSX's GPS, radio stack, ATC>messages etc.>>Do you think a Triple Head to go is best, or just add 2nd low>cost PCI-Express video card?TH2GO has a max resolution of 1280x1024 per monitor..because you're already on Widescreen at 1920x1200 your best choice will be a second PCIe card.regardsJim

Jim- Now for another opinion!! A prerequisite for a pilot's licence is good eyesight- including peripheral vision which is normally 180

Jim - thanks for the suggestion, think I'll pick up a card tomorrow. If I put in a 2nd PCI-Express card will the 3D graphics be accelerated on the 3rd monitor. Do you suggest a 2nd nVidia card so I dont have install new drivers, I assume the existing drivers would pick up the new video card?Alex - I assume your using FS9, I can't see FSX running with 3 monitors for some time. I'd like to try your setup with FS9 but when I did the horizon is always broken when banking...how do you solve that?

Guest jimcooper1

>Jim - thanks for the suggestion, think I'll pick up a card>tomorrow. If I put in a 2nd PCI-Express card will the 3D>graphics be accelerated on the 3rd monitor. Do you suggest a>2nd nVidia card so I dont have install new drivers, I assume>the existing drivers would pick up the new video card?As far as I can make out unless you're running in SLi mode all the graphics processing is done on the Primary Card so all your second card needs is a decent amount of VRAM. However, I've always installed identical cards. My reasoning being: if I run a single large monitor (NOT for FS...but other applications) I can then run in SLi mode and spread the graphics processing. My advice: get another 8800GTS if you can afford it.If you search the Hardware forum for Alex's (Screen Name; January) posts he explains how to setup the 3 screens to take acount of the bezels and maintain a continuous horizon in Pitch and Roll.RegardsJim

Yes- using FS9 with my ancient AMD 1.8 GHz system! If you or Kennair are curious about performance, have a look at the FS9 forum-"Is this 1 or 3 different views" Aug 26-30. Espec. see posts there by Kimchoc with some great pics of triple mons plus performance comments.In addition to horizon alignment, it's also possible to correct for different monitor sizes and monitor placement angle or tilt! See my prior posts as Jim C. indicated.Only caution re 180

Guest D17S

Right now, I have 3 monitors running from my main system. I looked at the THTG and setting up 2D in 3, but it seemed too specialized or cumbersome. I FS on my computer, but I also need it to be a real computer for other stuff. I really need to stay out of Best Buy, but last month they had a 42"-er 1080p (1920x1080) so cheap, I couldn't resist. The plan was to replace the old TV, but the darn thing wandered into the computer room, hooked itself up and has had me transfixed ever sense. Amazingly, my old 6600GT said a happy, "Hi there" and they've been fast friends . . . at 1920x1080. Couldn't believe it. I just plugged it via a DVI/HDMI adapter (I didn't have any extra VGA cables laying around) and it just worked. Who wooda guessed? With FS9's widescreen .cfg line inserted, I can get my PMDG 744's Vcockpit from sideview to sideview. Actually, it's too far back. I spend some time sitting that real seat and it's a wider view than my actual peripheral, sittin' in the real seat. Scooched up, the PFD/ND are life sized. I just left one of the existing 19" LCD hooked up to the 6600 too. I am still amazed at the utility these ancient parts can still provide. I did have to go out and buy a second Vcard to run a 2nd 19"-er. The cheapest PCI Vcard from the EGG is working just fine. I just had to make sure it was an Nvidia. My tOtalLy historic Matrox Mistique PCI would not join the ho-down. All told, the 3 monitors work flawlessly together. I always fly with the FMC's CDU in a window. The 3rd is my electronic brain bag with Jepp chart up, or maybe a tile proxie control panel. It's kinda like garage space. Once you get used to it, you'll fill it up with something . . . oh so useful "How did we ever get along with out it" sTuFf. That TV of mine is just gonna have to last a bit longer. The 42's going nowhere! The only real problem I have is finding the mouse. The computing environment is completed with 2 more 19s hooked up to an original 333mhz system that can barely load a web page. I'm half thinking that a 3rd PCI Vcard in main system might provide a better result to drive those other two 19s. Any one tried a 5 monitor setup from a single system. I really don't know why it wouldn't work. But there on the other hand, then I'll never be able to find that dumb mouse.

Here's an intersting website from a 737 builder in Hobart Tasmania who is setting up multi-projectors for outside viewing using a TH2GO. His testing has revealed interesting information that might be useful to others (like me), in particular the use of undocked screens on the TH2GO. Have a look and see if it's useful.http://www.insitesolutions.com.au/737proje...als_develop.htmKen.http://www.kennair.comhttp://www.kennair.com/Images/avatars/b200pil.jpg

Just picked up a low cost fanless pci-e card, it works great for a 3rd or even 4th monitor, used a nvidia card to match my main one didnt even have to install drivers it just works.Now to try setting up FS9 for 3 screens...