Sign in to follow this  
Guest Marvel

FS2002 M4.65 Speed Limit!!!!???

Guest xoio

Hi All,Is there any way to overide the Mach 4.65 (2666kts GS) that the sim seems to have enforced?I am trying to experiment with Mach 5 plus flight models for Hypersonic purposes & it is proving very annoying!!!Is there a param in the sim config file that can be tweaked?Look forward to the answer.Laz.

Guest xoio

Any answers anyone.?:-)It's a bit naff how this forum lets the replying to any message move a message up to the top of the list, thus shoving other messages down, irrispective of how new they are, (as is what I'm having to do now, to get this message be seen again.), rather than messages staying in the order that the original posts are submitted.... If this were the case, messages would NOT disappear & slide off the page so quickly & thus give them a better chance of being read. COME ON AVSIM SORT THIS ONE OUT!!!. .... THE ORBITER forum works in this way, keeping the posts in the order that they are submitted, & when a reply is posted it simply reports this & doesn't mess up the order.

No answers I'm afraid, as I fly GA, rather than rockets.As to the Forum methodology, most of the Forums I visit work this way, with the latest message/reply at the top. If you find your message slipping down then simply "bump" it as you have already done.Alastair

Guest jase439

You could likely do this with X-Plane, but not with FS.

Guest xoio

True, but It id FS2002 i have not X planeThanx for the input so far...Anyone else have any answers to solve this???Laz

No real answers....FS2002 has some hard and fast limits. It also has an altitude lock of 100,000 ft. If you want to simulate true hypersonic flight, download orbiter--it is free and well worth it, with lots of third party support. IMHO, it's the most realistic sim of its genre ever created.The only other way to simulate what you're trying to do is to "cheat" by using time acceleration.I've enjoyed FS2002 with aircraft like the Concorde, and the SR-71. But the faster you go, the less chance the texture engine has to keep up. Eventually it would become quite a blurred mess. Again, it is reason for checking out orbiter. The site is:www.orbitersim.com

Guest Marvel

yeah, increase simulation rates :-)