Sign in to follow this  
Boblister

FSX and problem with Saitek Yoke/X52/Rudders

I have a fairly new installation of FSX upgraded to SP1 running on Windows XP. This weekend I bough the new Saitek yoke as well as rudder pedals and an X52 stick. Whenever any of these items are plugged into the USB, FSX refuses to boot up. I get a quick flash as it tries then nothing. Remove them from the USB port and FSX starts fine. I can then plug them in and all is ok. Anyone any ideas?

Using Vista or XP? Back up your FSX Config in a safe place. Then delete the FSX.cfg and let it rebuild a new one.Craig Lian-Li PC60-B Case Corsair HX Series CMPSU-620HX 620W Power Supply Gigabyte P35 DS3R Intel Core2Duo E6850 Arctic Cooling Freezer7 Pro Crucual Ballistix 2GB PC2-8500 (DDR2-1066) EVGA 7950 GT OC 512 Mb Plextor PX-810SA/SW-BL 18X SATA DVD Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/sec Seagate Barracuda 7200.10250 GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/secCraig

I found it and deleted it. Let it rebuild another cfg. Then tried after just plugging rudders in. Same problem. I am starting to pull my hair out.Rob

try backing up your standard.xml in the %appdata%microsoftFSXcontrolsfolder and editing it to remove all the Simcontrols.Map sections for the controllers (both normal and slew). Save and restart and see if FSX picks up your controllers. The assignments aren't in fsx.cfg any more, just a pointer to standard.xml, or I guess an alternate file but haven't tried that at all.scott s..

I tried that and exactly the same. I get the very first Flight Sim flash screen for a second then desktop when any of the Saitek Pro gear is in. I might just do a full FS reinstall and see if that fixes it.

Have you: 1) Tried them in different USB Ports ? 2) Checked in Device Mgr to see if everything looks correct? 3) Checked to see what happens when you try to calibrate them using the Windows "Game Controllers" If everything appears OK then perhaps try the "Repair" option first.Are you using XP 32 or 64 bit?Hope you find the problem soon.Regards,Crai

Thank's Craig and other folk. This problem is still eluding me. I have tried everything mentioned short of a full re-install. It's not stopping me using the controllers, just inconvenient.