Sign in to follow this  
Dark Moment

New Dauphin from Antii

Are there new features on this bird or is it just the installation that has changed? It took me a while to get it working like I want so I'm trying to make sure it is worth my while to delete my current version and install a new one. Thanks!!

Several improvements ... but, if like me, you install manually, you can simply set up "new" MODEL, PANEL and TEXTURE folders under your existing folder and then compare the two - using, of course, the latest airfile and AIRCRAFT.CFG rather than the earlier.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo2.jpg

Also, the Dauphin's gauge software will 'look' for the dauphin.cfg file in the aircaft's folder. So, I recommend you copy the dauphin.cfg from your FS2002 folder into the new AS365 folder, and no additional setup is needed.

RichBIn my rush to be a helpful chappie before rushing off to work this morning, I talked bananas. I actually confused my advice with that for the AS-332L2 Hong Kong GFS Eurocopter I had installed the same day. That particular aircraft has also been improved but with changes, so it may be worth retaining the older texture set too; that's why I suggested the parallel files to give you two options. Just my choice, though.In the case of Antii's fine beast, however, as far as I can determine you just need to move the relevant stuff into your existing folder and overwrite. David is right, though; the first edition looked for DAUPHIN.CFG in the FS2002 directory, whereas the improved gauges look for it in the specific aircraft folder. So make sure you use the new one.If, of course, you have tweaked Antii's whizzybird to make it do things that it didn't before, you may not wish to update it. But I can't imagine that Antii has not improved it overall; haven't had time to test it throroughly yet.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo2.jpg