Sign in to follow this  
Brian_Gladden

Are There Any Nice L-1011 AI A\C ?

Guest 727Fan

Hi all. I was pondering all the great AI aircraft from FS Painter and Project AI over the weekend. So I was searching for a nice L-1011 to go with the DC-10. I guess there isn't one. Mike Stone's L-1011 is very nice, but lacks AI brains. No offense Mike!Doe anybody have a clue if FSP or PAI have any plans to design one. The L-1011 is really one of the few remaining major types without any AI development.Thanks All!!Rick

Rick:I haven't been able to find one either :( But as far as I've observed, it looks as though only ATA continues to fly the L1011. That would be a cool plane to have coming in and out of my home base at KMSP, like they do in the real world (see my photo!)Alex ChristoffN562ZMinneapolis, MNThermobulb@aol.com

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Right now there are no AI L-1011s out there. There is a gmax one by Mike Stone which will work fine for AI however may be a little hard on FPS. I am using it myself and it works well. Ideal to use for Air Transat, BWIA, Air Luxor, and the ATA charters. It's really a shame so many of these are disappearing :(

Guest 727Fan

That's the problem for me, Brandon. Mike's L-1011 is not suitable for AI, at least as far as I've observed. While a very nice looking model, it does the strangest things as an AI aircraft. But this trait has been well documented. And Mike is the first designer to admit he knows little regarding designing good AI traits in his aircraft. Yet most of his aircraft fly beautifully as AI.Anyway, I was just asking to see if;1. There is an alternative L-1011 model for AI2. And if there isn't, was there any knowledge of one being designed by FS Painter or Project AI. Aardvark also has some nice AI DC-9s and 737s. Maybe someone with AI skills would think about adding one to their list. That would be nice. Besides ATA etc, I'd even throw in some major airline liveries in spite of their age and diminishing usage.They are a unique design, as are all trijets of the era.Thanks for responding!Rick

Drop in the PAI DC-10 air file and assign it in the aircraft cfg and give that a try. I did asimilar thing with Mikes RJ-85's that were crashing by putting in the default 737 air file and then they flew as AI quite nicely.Brian