Sign in to follow this  
Hollywood

rollout of a new 737-800NG comes close

just spotted on the simming sky Ariane is releasing a Boeing 737-800 on January 21st. :D Its sooo cooool :) cheers Martin

It does look good ... as does the Boeing 757-300 they are planning to release as well. Has anyone had any bad experiences with Ariane recently as I would be keen to get these aircraft when they are released?JoakimE ... their website is reporting the release - www.woodlandworld.com/ariane

Guest Lobaeux4

There had been a lot of negative 'press' about Ariane, but I bought the America West set from them, very happy. No problems with the download, the models and paints are fantastic! I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again. Already salivating over an Ariane NG/PMDG 737NG merge.Lobaeux

From what I saw, their site says Feb 23rd. I'm hoping FFG's new GMAX 737NG will be out before then. It will also have dynamic wing views, and the added benefit of many free liveries. I am somewhat disappointed that Ariane's site discusses improvements made in the 737-300 GMAX model, yet my "old receipts" link downloads the same GMAX model I dl'd back in October. Correspondence with Ariane has gotten me nowhere.... I know Ariane seems to take issue with people raising concerns in the forums, but that's tough luck. For weeks I've been inquiring about this, and for weeks, no updated old receipt link, which is true as of this posting... The file I download is, byte for byte, the same one I downloaded in October. There's still several issues with the original GMAX release..-Translucent wing textures. You can see the ground through the wing, as you might in an ultralight.-Outboard Spoilers that "instantly" deploy-A texture problem on the engine wing pylon... You can see it very well in the UA and SWA models, where a blue (or orange, in the case of SWA) streak appears on the upper inside corner of the pylon.-A flap pylon light housing that stays deployed from the wing internal view, even if the light is turned off. This light does "retract" in the external view (basically it disappears, which is all I'd like to see in the internal view). Queries about this have just brought forth a bunch of gobbledygook...I owe the Ariane naysayers a very public apology.... Such support stinks. Granted they may be minor issues, but I sure feel like I've received the brush-off. My last correspondence regarding the lack of an upgrade solicited a response suggesting I couldn't expect to upgrade from the FSDS to the GMAX model for free. Wake up Ariane--I purchased your GMAX product, not the FSDS one. I know you read these forums, so act and make upgrades--if they exist--available to your customers. If a customer complains, fix the issues without doublespeak.... It's been 3 months+! Come on!-John

Guest JoakimE

>JoakimE ... their website is reporting the release - >www.woodlandworld.com/ariane Thanks, need to clean the browser cache a bit I guess ;)

Guest Toni Rauch

Gobbledegook it may be, but you at least got a reply! There are some who have not received any replies from Ariane despite numerous emails to them.Your response seems to prove, yet again, that all Ariane seem interested in is taking your money. Over and over again. Now they're planning to bamboozle the public with a 'NG' 737. What's that, other than a slightly elongated version of the existing range they're selling...? No doubt they'll claim it's 'all new' with a price tag to match. I just hope it's more than just hype because there's only so much you can do with a GMAX 737 visually......Toni.

I know during the holidays there was a long "eclipse" where there was no coorespondence. The reason I say this, is I sent my last query regarding the supposed upgrade just before Christmas, and didn't hear anything until we were into the new year. I presume this to mean there is one person dealing with support, and when that person takes a break, so does support. Not good for the people who had issues during the repaint sale.In the end, I never purchased any of the 5 pound repaints. My question regarding the upgraded model getting the brush-off, combined with the issues I noted above, has just made me feel that investing more in the product isn't worth it. So I'm now rolling my own repaints, by painstakingly merging existing 737 paints with Ariane's. It's not perfect, but I'm having a lot of fun, and best of all, it's free.

Guest Toni Rauch
....When that 'person' takes a break, so does all of Ariane as there's only one person at Ariane in the first place.... (And he has difficulty remembering his name. :-lol )Toni.

jerrycwo4This is the 2nd time I have clicked on this link and it takes me to a TRAVEL agent ???????jerry

whats wrong with this ? It's free and it's GMAX,you can repaint it...and better still it looks like a 757 unlike the Tosh from Tosher.

Never mind John, it's a New Year, they've had your money and theres a whole new bunch of mugs to fleece.I would be very suspect of the 777 offered, it's either a rehash by Sandro Bernadini (if so Mr. Tishy must have got him that job as lead designer at Boeing) has worked up or is the PSS 777 stolen by the two Russians sacked by PSS.Happy New Year JohnMI5 George

It's free, GMAX and awesome! Can't wait until the update hits the libs....Even better is Jon's BAE--did you get a chance to take a look at that?

Guest B52Drivr

ToniGive it a break, your Ariane comments are getting a wee bit long in the tooth . . . find another subject to complain about or just keep it to yourself.Just my, not so humble .03 cents worth.Clayton T. DopkeMajor, USAF (retired)"Drac"B52Drivr@aol.com