Sign in to follow this  
Hollywood

rollout of a new 737-800NG comes close

I hesitate to discuss this, but I received a strange email from the UK shortly after I posted my issues in this thread.... Attached was the Klez virus, and it was disguised to look like a returned message kickback, with my email "spoofed" in the from address. It's the first time I've ever been sent a virus to that address (and the virus was stripped by my A/V software). Could be from any source, but the timing was very coincidental. What's most interesting is this line from the header:>X-BadReturnPath: HP@petersh.freeserve.co.uk>rewritten as (my email deleted) using "From" header.Anyone have any idea who HP@petersh.freeserve.co.uk is? The supposed recipient of the bounced email was webmaster@oldh.fsbusiness.co.uk. Ring a bell with anyone? Sounds like a FS related email address, but the email address the virus was sent to is my throwaway account, which I use for LCA and Autoland 2002 support--and online purchases, all of which are only flightsim related. I have been the target of some hate mail for even admitting I have the Ariane model. But I don't know how to take this latest email. Perhaps just dumb (and stupid on the side of the real sender) coincidence.-John

Thanks John, I dont seem to be able to get to the 146 page, could you send a direct link please ?This'll make you laugh...since I mentioned the dreaded T word, I'm being buzzed by the Mets helicopter, it's coming in low..woke all the house, to have friends in high places eh ! OK I admit...I'm not realy MI5..George

Keep trying the link.... Sometimes it is inactive for some odd reason.... You may also want to DL a good BAE-146 panel--the one included with the aircraft has just the bare minimum in instruments...

i agree, i have 737-300 / -400 with multiple liveries and i had no problems with support. the proof is the first release of the Lufthansa. the textures of the wing were grey initially but the original Lufthansa 737-300 has white wings. well, i got the fix and the update. same for my Aeroflot 737-400. when the updated the textures with the new window effect i got an update. there has been a lot of bad press and thats past. Look at the CaptainSim. I bought it and it is really ugly. i gues i should have waited for the Dreamfleet 727.in other words -> i am very happy with Ariane. There is no compareable visual model on the freeware market nor on the payware and combined with the DF Panel, it is simply perfect.cheersMartin

come on, i get hundreds of emails a day containing such viruses.do you know how easy it is to fake the sender. no one that has interest in sending you a virus would do it this way. there are a lot of kiddies in this forum ;) think about this before harassing people.

Guest Toni Rauch

John's simply asking a relevant question - where's the harassment?Toni.

Guest Stamatis

John,"I'm hoping FFG's new GMAX 737NG will be out before then."Is FFG coming out with a new NG model?In't what has been recently uploaded in the Avsim Library "it" ?Stamatis

Guest Panman

Somehow I don't believe you re: "hundreds of emails a day".

Guest WorkingStiff

Quite possible if he works for Tishma. :-lol I'm betting that this thread will exceed 50 posts by 17:00 UTC (its not quite daylight on the East Coast yet) and will ultimately be locked.

"Look at the CaptainSim. I bought it and it is really ugly."Considering the 727 is in part made by the same people who made the almighty Ariane, I cant help thinking here come the tro**s....Seems funny to me, we have CS...horrible,Ariane great, another who says Yes it looks very good (the NG) yet can I find a picture of it..err no, perhaps somebody here has mystic powers, speaking of which, has anybody noticed the lookalike Toshma and the Cloner Rael ?

yes i believe that too, and to be honest, i was not impressed. the flightmodel might be OK but the visual model isn't cool. but ok, it is for free. ;)

>Quite possible if he works for Tishma. :-lol >>I'm betting that this thread will exceed 50 posts by 17:00 >UTC (its not quite daylight on the East Coast yet) and will >ultimately be locked. no my friend i don't work for Tishma, but i work for IT and i am responsible for 4000 users.