Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

The new Cat 7.10 drivers----WOW! Fantastic performance.

Guest B52Drivr

Hello All, Well, let me add to this AGP thing and the new 7.10 drivers.I had Omega drivers, the 3.8.360's on my x1950 pro. The speed was really fantastic for FSX, just blew me away, almost double what I had with my standard X1950 drivers. I had some issues with jaggies, and bluries, but that was ok cause the sim was sooooo smooth and rarely dipped below 20 fps. (keep in mind this is a 3.4 P4 oc'd to 3.6 with 3 gigs of Kingston Hypertech ram on an ASUS P4C800-E deluxe MB), so the frames I was getting was great.I tried the 7.10 drivers, just the drivers not the whole catylyst package. The drivers for my card cleared up the jaggies and the bluries, I did suffer about a 5% loss in FPS but still the sim is super smoothe and rarely now dips below 16-17 fps and that is over the Louisville 1 Meter photo scenery available for free, (which is great, by the way). So I have NO problems wtih AGP and being choked down. I generally won't trade FPS for a tad more clearity, but in this case, I did and am happy with it. I also fixed a restore point so I can go back and forth and compare and the 7.10's are much better drivers and that's saying alot cause I was in love with the Omega's.Best to allClayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

Hi,I am using the CAT 7.10 as well on a ATI X1900XT card, I lthink its a good driver, my only issue is the CCC, which I don't like. Would anybodyknow if SUPER SAMPLING is available using the ATI Tray Tool which I prefer???Thanks,Helmut

My System: Intel 9700K 4.7Gz, ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ, Evga 3070TI  8GB, Noctua NH-D15S, Gigabyte 27" Monitor, Windows 10 64bit, 2xSamsung 500GB SSD, 1x Samsung 120GB, 1x Samsung 970, 1TB, 1TB H/D for Storage.

Helmut Berger

>Hi,>>I am using the CAT 7.10 as well on a ATI X1900XT card, I>lthink its a good driver, my only issue is the CCC, which I>don't like. Would anybody>know if SUPER SAMPLING is available using the ATI Tray Tool>which I prefer???>>Thanks,>>HelmutThe new Omega drivers come with a new version of Tray Tools that I believe supports Supersampling.

Guest SoarPics

Would anybodyknow if SUPER SAMPLING is available using the ATI Tray Tool which I prefer???ATI Tray Tools v1.3.6.1064 (included with the Omega 7.10's) has SuperSampling and MultiSampling capabilities. Under the Direct D3D tab in Tray Tools check the "Adaptive anti-aliasing" box, and then the boxes for adjusting SS Mode and MS Mode become active.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/179414.jpgHope this helps,

Thank you very much for all your help, I will d/l and re-installthe ATI Tray tool again, its faster an easier to use.Helmut

My System: Intel 9700K 4.7Gz, ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ, Evga 3070TI  8GB, Noctua NH-D15S, Gigabyte 27" Monitor, Windows 10 64bit, 2xSamsung 500GB SSD, 1x Samsung 120GB, 1x Samsung 970, 1TB, 1TB H/D for Storage.

Helmut Berger

Well, Im going to give these drivers a shot on my system to see if the mircrostutters will go away.Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10