Sign in to follow this  
W2DR

Project Freeware

Anyone have news on them? I tried their web page (www.projectfreeware.com) a couple of times and could not get in. Just wondering.Regards,Jay

Jay,Check the thread "Fate of Project Freeware" further down on page 3.John

Thanks for the info John. I was afraid something of the sort had happened. It is sad that they have faded. For they provided the community with so many wonderful add-ons.Thanks for all that you contributed.Jay

Guest Brent Hebert

Thanks Jay,Project Freeware started out when the planes and textures were just a matter of a few days to slap together (as compared to today's models). Of course it was very tedious work for the guys who made othe models from scratch. Now with the new technology and the market for all the bells and whistles made design a very time consuming hobby. I guess most of the designers was just too burnt out and busy with their real world responsibilities.Also there are several outstanding freeware groups like Posky, FFG, AFG, and others with individuals like Mel who have taken up the torch and carried on to produce some of the most beautiful aircraft that you can find. I have a nice investment in PSS and Dreamfleet as well and love them all.Brent Hebert

But even with all the "new" stuff Brent, many of us will never forget the wonderful 737's and all the other contributions by the PF gang. Thanks for them all.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.