Sign in to follow this  

file Disabled?

I am having trouble getting the Chinook Helo Sounds file to download.... I can get others here at AVSIM. Administrators.....please check this out... I would like to use these sounds for my fleet of Chinooks!!!!In the event that this file cannot be fixed...perhaps someone could let the file author know I am looking for it... THANKSTheArtist_VUSM

Guest enave

Are you getting the message about the library being busy? I've noticed that if I get that message, the web browser seems to cache it and no matter how long I wait, I can never download the file - though I can still download other files. My solution has been to open another web browser (I have four different browsers on this machine becuase of what I do at work). I can always get the file when I do that. If you don't have another browser, you can empty your cache instead

I cleared the cache and still no download.I didn't think that was the problem as many times I have attempted to download - with a server kicking me out (too busy) and reattempted with success (even here at AVSIM)Anyone with any other ideas?(I dont really want to install another browser on my system.)

Guest enave

"(I dont really want to install another browser on my system.)"improper attitude.have a look at mozilla. I haven't had to look at a popup in months.

I really don't think that not wanting to clutter my system with an extra browser is having an improper attitude. All I want is the dang sound files, not another browser. Besides, my existing browser works fine. By the way, I have my browser set to check for new pages every time I visit a site ... even if I have a page open in a browser window and open the same URL in another window...it checks to make sure it is the most recent page. (I would surmize that is the reason that clearing my cache had no efffect on this problem.)

Guest enave

I asked you if you got a message saying that the library is busy. You should have just answered the question. The message you're getting is that the file can't be found. Right? Well, that's not something that can be fixed by we humble users.The library index says the name of the file is ch47snd.zip, but if you ftp to library.avsim.net/fs2002_sounds there isn't a file by that name. There is a file named ch47snd_116082.zip but you can't download it from there. You have to go through avsim's dynamic links.So basically, I think that one of the moderators needs to either rename the file to ch47snd.zip or change the database entry for fileID 29337 to ch47snd_116082.zip.As to the browser thing, you're right - using mozilla would not have solved this problem. Nonetheless, I really think you're being hardheaded by flatly refusing to try something new. It's a smaller download than some fs2k2 aircraft (the legendary dash-7 is larger than mozilla for example) so it won't clutter your hard drive. And it isn't a Microsoft product that writes half a million entries to your registry, so it won't "clutter your system"