Sign in to follow this  

panel editor ?

Hi,can't seem to find this in earlier posts, sorry if this is an oldie:I'm looking for a good panel editor (FSEDIT quits with an error) to edit some panels that i have. Any suggestions ?Thanx,Cas

CFGEdit. Doesn't support .xml gauges, but otherwise works like a charm. I'm not 100% sure where to find it, but I believe it's in the Utilities library at Simviation.com.

If FSedit fails with a .dll error, more than likely you have to many aircraft in your aircraft folder. Move out some aircraft folders and try it. It should work now.As for cfgedit, I use it as well (kinda). As mentioned above, is does not support all the functions in FS2002 so beware when using it. Besides XML gauges, if you changed the default cockpit lighting in your panel.cfg, cfgedit will erase that section. Don't know what else it will delete...I only use cfgedit to reposition gauges and then enter in the changes manually using note pad. As I don't do much editing, this method has worked well.

If you get the payware version of Cfg edit (FS panel Studio) it will handle XML Gauges. I have it and use it all the time.Brian

>I only use cfgedit to reposition gauges and then enter in >the changes manually using note pad. As I don't do much >editing, this method has worked well. It's nice to find I'm not the only one that does this. :)